Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Purchasing a hunting licence with out ompleting a hunter saftey course in New Jer

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Hunter Dave View Post
    I have heard of a 3rd degree domestic violence felon who has purchased a bow hunting licence in New Jersey. He had passed the trapper saftey corse, and used the trapper cid# to get his bow licence. He never took the bow hunting saftey course. In new Jersey, trapping, bow hunting, and shotgun hunting require 3 different/ seperate tests. Since New Jersey sees a Bow as a weapon which a fellon cant use, or even touch, what charges does he face if caught?
    Quote Originally Posted by Duck Hunter Dave View Post
    No! I am proud that I have gone through the correct channels getting my hunting licences, for my self, and my children. I am not a felon, nor have I ever been. I have done everything required to hunt in this beautiful country of ours, legally.
    The questions is, just as it is stated above in the original post.
    Point being, I am aware of a convicted violent felon who is illegally hunting in New Jersey. If you hunt in New Jersey, YOU just might run into this person alone in the woods one morning while tracking your deer. Due to his colorful violent past, you will likely not get your deer. As this person IS a friend of a friend, I want to know what charges he will face if caught, so I will clearly know what I am doing if I turn him in to the fish and game. I am just looking to be informed of what will happen to him, based off of my actions of turning him in. Thanks
    While I certainly don't condone assisting in the commission of crimes, or criminal activity or anything illegal, what business is it of yours what someone else does that does not directly affect you?

A third degree felony for domestic violence? You know what thats says to me, nothing. Though I have my own negative feelings on social justice and laws pertaining to domestic violence, knowing how shaky NJ laws are, what did he do? Spit on the sidewalk infront a his wife? Very weak conviction and probably like many people in our society who lack the money or will power to fight injustices, he got the short end of the judges gavel.

Did you witness a crime? Did you have one solid shread of evidence to indicate that the man you say is doing some illegal, is in fact, doing something illegal?

Many millions of people have been put to death over the course of human history because somenone heard so and so was doing something wrong. Our current legal system calls that Hear say evidence and it's generally not admisable in court and many officers discard it. I think the officer's you contacted did exactly what they should do, nothing.

I do applaud you for being pro-active in helping keep our society free of criminals but I think you have misused very valuable personal time pursuing a non-issue.

Perhaps this man took the classes in New Jersey as he is a NJ resident. Perhaps he plans on hunting in PA which requires certifications like a hunter's safety courses if you were born after a certain year, a trappers safety course etc...I am unsure or aware of PA requiring a safety course for bowhunters. But the point is, just because a person obtains training or licensing in one state, does not mean that person is solely limited to using that permisson slip in that state. For example: Florida Concealed Weapons license obtained and used by PA residents to travel in Delaware or Ohio.

Just my opinion of course but at this point, just leave things well enough alone. From my years of experience as a cop/investigator, I will say this, those who regularily violate the law, usually continue to do so and will draw the attention of a law enforcement official. Kinda like bugs and lights. Bugs are drawn to lights. Cops are drawn to criminals because criminals send out vibes and signals.

CL
    Last edited by customloaded; April 18th, 2012 at 12:51 PM.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Purchasing a hunting licence with out ompleting a hunter saftey course in New Jer

many Thanks. No further responce nedded
    Last edited by Duck Hunter Dave; January 22nd, 2013 at 01:58 AM. Reason: ended

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12