Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (York County)

Default post your chest rig setups for the Zombie apocalypse!

So I recently purchased a Voodoo tactical chest rig. I'm very pleased with the quality especially for how much I payed for it. It has room for 7 ar15 mags and 4 pistol mags. I've also adapted the "document pouch" behind the ar mags to hold my government model 1911 by tucking an unused IWB holster in there. It actually works surprisingly well. not as fast as a thigh rig but it keeps everything together. It also has a bunch of pouches that I haven't figured out what to put in yet. one will soon hold a personal medical kit. Other than that, who knows. give me some ideas

"hidden" pistol in document pouch

the whole shabang
    Last edited by autotech6506; April 11th, 2012 at 10:35 PM.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: post your chest rig setups for the Zombie apocalypse!

(Dauphin County)

^ I approve.

I have one that i bought from cheaper than dirt, but i only bought it for a halloween costume last year lol

(Beaver County)

I have two. One shotgun rig that consists mostly of shotgun shell holders that I made and an M4 rig. No medical supplies for me. What good is a med kit going to do you when a zombie bites you and you become one of them? I'd rather just have more ammo.

Condor MCR5. 8 M4 magazines, 6 pistol magazines and an internal pocket on each side. I put 35 round PT92 magazines in the left side pocket. 8 extra magazines for each.

Here's my shotgun rig. It was a Condor MCR1 but I removed the chest panel and sewed on different shoulder straps. I added 4 open pistol magazine pouches so I can use the extended 20 rounders, dump pouch, 27 vertical shells and an 8 round Blackhawk forearm shell holder. The vest has a velcro panel on it with two vertical 7 round shell holders and one horizontal 6 rounder up top. I can peel them off, keep more fresh ones in the dump pouch and get back in the fight. I've got velcro 7 rounders just like these on my 930 and 870's stocks too. I get bored and turn shotgun shell belts and velcro into this kind of stuff.

(Montgomery County)

This is better to knock them zombies out cold.

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/723926/
    E FLUCTIBUS IRRUIT IN HOSTEM. AECIDAE TELO IACET LIBATIS.

(Beaver County)

I don't typically care for chest rigs that come set up a certain way and you can't move them around. I prefer plain MOLLE vests so I can do whatever I want with them. That Voodoo rig has the pistol magazines horizontally on the right side for example. I don't like to reach across my body for magazines BUT I've never used horizontal pouches so it may not be so bad. The Condor MCR5 I use is pretty cool because it comes with 6 kangaroo style M4 and pistol pouches which are built in BUT they're in the middle of the vest so it's kind of hard to disagree with the setup. I added another double stacker M4 magazine pouch on the right and if I wanted to, I could put a pouch on the left side too. I'm lucky because I'm cross dominant so my pistol (shoot righty) ammo goes on the left and my rifle (shoot lefty) ammo goes on the right. Shotgun ammo can go on either side depending on which hand I plan on using to load it.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by NRA Recruiter View Post
    The best one yet! Rep worthy too! LOL

(Cambria County)

I saw a previous post where someone had two very nice things you could put in the chest rig. They would even make the rig look better. MUCH BETTER
    These are the times that try men's souls: The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Thomas Paine 1776

(Cumberland County)

Sorry, I don't know how to embed the photo in the message box... Any help appreciated.

I won't be using this for any zombies, but this is my rig.

Eagle/SKD universal. Sewed some extra routing looping on it. Waiting on an HSGI "H" harness with drag handle and molle platform.

Got an HSGI BOK, properly stocked, and my maint/snivel pack on the other side. Works well, It's my favorite.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    TANSTAAFL! (There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch!)

Quote Originally Posted by NRA Recruiter View Post
    You would be hard pressed to find a better chest rig than this.
    I always stressed to my son"one shot one kill that was all that is needed". When He came home from Marine Corp Boot camp He was telling me about the Marines stressing "ONE SHOT ONE KILL" He looks at me and the light bulb went on Dad was now a whole lot smarter than he was 13 weeks ago.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast