Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Default Re: It's time to allow concealed carry on campus. I need your help guys.

+1 for "Concealed Is Concealed". When faced with the same situation you are in, I just shut my mouth and went about my business (with a J-frame in my pants).

Default Re: It's time to allow concealed carry on campus. I need your help guys.

I attend Drexel University, I am part of SCCC and am planning to help our leaders get stuff started on campus to let the university know that we are here and not happy about their policy.

The question I have is: Since signs hold no weight in PA, does the University's policy even matter if they don't explicitly state to you that you cannot carry on campus? Would students be safe carrying since the University has not directly told you that doing so is against their rules?

They're just like small children, Its an EGO thing, " well if I can't have it this way, then I want it this way"..WAAAAAH - BrownBear (speaking of liberals)

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by moose View Post
    I attend Drexel University, I am part of SCCC and am planning to help our leaders get stuff started on campus to let the university know that we are here and not happy about their policy.

The question I have is: Since signs hold no weight in PA, does the University's policy even matter if they don't explicitly state to you that you cannot carry on campus? Would students be safe carrying since the University has not directly told you that doing so is against their rules?
    If it's in their rulebook/student manual/whatever, you've been told. And the signs hold no legal weight. Therefore, no criminal charges can be filed, but you can be sure you'll be expelled on the spot if you're caught carrying, and probably never get into a good school again. That's why these policies have to change. In order to carry in defense of our lives, we have to put our futures at risk if we were to get caught.

Thanks for clearing that up for me Dave! SCCC on Drexel's campus will be stepping up a few notches in the fall term I hope!

They're just like small children, Its an EGO thing, " well if I can't have it this way, then I want it this way"..WAAAAAH - BrownBear (speaking of liberals)

(Indiana County)

Has anyone ever checked to see how many, if any, of the victims of Virginia Tech, et al, were licensed to carry? We know they didn't, but if one adult there was, the casualty rate might have been somewhat less than what it was.

Something for SCCC to look into.

(Monroe County)

I went down and got the rules and regulations handbook at my campus yesterday. The one section, states, that attending this college will not remove any of your rights as a US citizen. Two sections below that, it lists prohibited items, such as firearms, unless approved by the president of the school. I wonder if I had a meeting with my college president if he would let me conceal carry on campus, since he is the one who makes that decision. Though I already know the answer is probably not.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post
    Has anyone ever checked to see how many, if any, of the victims of Virginia Tech, et al, were licensed to carry? We know they didn't, but if one adult there was, the casualty rate might have been somewhat less than what it was.

Something for SCCC to look into.
    I believe from what I read there were 3 students who were legally able to concealed carry, however because of VTechs regulations they left their guns at home/locked in the car whenever they entered campus. These students were in the class room...

(Northampton County)

Do you remember where you got that information from?
    And don't think you're off the hook, voters, you're the ones who made this bed. Now you're the ones who are going to have to move over so a gay couple can sleep in it. Tomorrow you're all going to wake up in a brave new world, a world where the Constitution gets trampled by an army of terrorist clones, created in a stem-cell research lab run by homosexual doctors who sterilize their instruments over burning American flags. -- Stephen Colbert

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by US Militiaman View Post
    Do you remember where you got that information from?
    I watched this on the TV news as well as reading it on the internet, unfortunately I cannot cite any of this information because during that time I was not a gun owner nor was I an LTCF holder. That being said I did not keep stuff like that saved as much as I should have, however events like VTech are what helped push me towards my current status of a gun owner/ltcf holder.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678