Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Talon Grips M&P

(Philadelphia County)

Default Talon Grips M&P

Hey guys i have a S&W M&P compact 9mm looking to buy a grip they don't make them so i was told about Talon grips. Any idea on what type is best granulate or rubber texture? Just got my license to carry so i will be carrying my M&P everyday just want a grip so it feels better in my hand when i go to the range sometimes my hand sweats a little and don't have a great grip on the gun i mean i do but i always gotta whip my hands here and there so would want a grip. http://talongungrips.com/Talon-Grips...6.qscstrfrnt02

(York County)

Default Re: Talon Grips M&P

I use the rubber Traction grips(same thing basically) on my poly CCW's. If you want to carry IWB you don't want the rough sand type rubbing against you IMO.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Beardog View Post
    I use the rubber Traction grips(same thing basically) on my poly CCW's. If you want to carry IWB you don't want the rough sand type rubbing against you IMO.
    I always wear some kinda under shirt so that wouldn't bother me thanks tho didn't think about that.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by mannyssj13 View Post
    Hey guys i have a S&W M&P compact 9mm looking to buy a grip they don't make them so i was told about Talon grips. Any idea on what type is best granulate or rubber texture? Just got my license to carry so i will be carrying my M&P everyday just want a grip so it feels better in my hand when i go to the range sometimes my hand sweats a little and don't have a great grip on the gun i mean i do but i always gotta whip my hands here and there so would want a grip. http://talongungrips.com/Talon-Grips...6.qscstrfrnt02
    I ordered both the granulate and rubber to try them out and I went with the rubber texture. I usually carry IWB so I wanted something less abrasive. The granulate wasn't too bad I was able to feel it more against my skin when I was sitting.

I didn't try this but the instrustions does say that you can sand down the granulate grip. I would say order both and feel them first hand.

(Northampton County)

I've been partial with hogue. All of their rubber grips that i have tried felt great, I have one on my s&w

(Berks County)

I had the sandpaper like Talons on a Glock I used to own. I loved the grip for range time, but hated them when carrying. I also wear under shirts but the grips stuck to a lot of my clothing. I took them off.