Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Default nfa classe 3 title II lic.

I know the process to get one is painful and long. Just wondering how your experience was in the whole ordeal and if you guys have any tip to getting through the process with out a headache. I know the paper work has to be filed out to the key and the safe if a big part of it. And once you apply for and are denied you are denied for life. So.before i even attempt the process i obviously am going to a lot of research and studying. Thanks for you input.
    If guns kill people. Then Spoons make people fat!

(York County)

Default Re: nfa classe 3 title II lic.

HI Seffron.

Well, the best advice I can give you is to read JayBells post in the stickies above.

It is titled -

READ FIRST - Process to acquire/make NFA items in Pennsylvania by JayBell

This has everything pretty much explained.

But, firstly, you do not apply and hope to get approved. IF you can buy a regular (Title 1) gun from any gunshop, then you'll be approved for a Title II (regulated gun).
    The form 4 process is a tax payment and what branch of .gov doesn't want your money?
    Wouldn't you like to know what's in my safe.

(Montgomery County)

Lol so true the government wants all money. Thanks for the advice.
    If guns kill people. Then Spoons make people fat!

(Northampton County)

Are you sure you want to be a gun dealer? That is the question you asked.

You don't need any license or safe or anything to buy NFA items if that is what you want to do. It's a very simple process and costs $200 (usually) per pop.

Please confirm what you intend to do - buy NFA for yourself or become an NFA dealer?

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    Are you sure you want to be a gun dealer? That is the question you asked.

You don't need any license or safe or anything to buy NFA items if that is what you want to do. It's a very simple process and costs $200 (usually) per pop.

Please confirm what you intend to do - buy NFA for yourself or become an NFA dealer?
    This is true. There seems to be a lot of confusion on the matter. People ask me all the time, "how long did it take to get your class III license?" And "Don't you have to pay a yearly tax?" People tend to think that it's a huge ordeal to own NFA items, but it's really not that hard at all. Once you get your first item, you will be hooked.

(Jefferson County)

The Class 3 license thing is for being a DEALER. Class 3 is technically a standard FFL with a Class 3 SOT(Special Occupational Tax). It is for being in the business for selling NFA devices(and Title I guns too).

If you want to own a NFA device, you either file a Form 1 to make one(no new machinegun builds) or a Form 4 to transfer an existing registered device to your name. There fingerprints, photos, and another small form needed too. Plus a CLEO sign-off if you aren't filing under a corp, LLC, trust, etc..

The tax to make any NFA device is $200. The tax to transfer an existing device is $200, except AOW's which is $5. It is a one time fee.

Title I firearms are your typical handguns, rifles, and shotguns.

Title II firearms are your NFA devices like machineguns, registered machine gun parts, destructive devices, any-other-weapons, short barreled rifles, short barreled shotguns, suppressors.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by bac0nfat View Post
    This is true. There seems to be a lot of confusion on the matter. People ask me all the time, "how long did it take to get your class III license?" And "Don't you have to pay a yearly tax?" People tend to think that it's a huge ordeal to own NFA items, but it's really not that hard at all. Once you get your first item, you will be hooked.
    Not to be intentinally rude to the OP for asking - but there is a price to be paid when you fully explain the NFA process to folks who didn't know before.
    All of my guns are lubed with BACON GREASE.

(Northampton County)

Can we let the guy answer the question before piling on? Maybe he wants to be a dealer.

The guy never said he wanted to buy something. He said he wanted the Class 3 license. Maybe that is what he wants. I just had a hunch he might be confused so I asked him.