Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SCCY ?

Smile SCCY ?

I had questions and my doubts but when presented with a buy from LGS for this gun and 5 extra mags could not resist,Well this gun has been flwless in 100 rounds,no FTFs or FTEs nor magazine issues,for an in-expensive gun it was like a kel-tec that had cosmetic surgery and a bit better on the trigger and control.Would I recommend this gun ? Yes with the results I had and I hear tops in customer service,I called SCCY to find the birth date they said 08/2013 and it was a gen 2 well they went on to send me a shirt & Hat two more mags and gun lubricant and I had no issues to tell them ! JMO/MDT would I sell it ? maybe at a later date only to secure something else I have a desire for,LOL !

(York County)

Default Re: SCCY ?

I handled a 9mm one in a LGS. The trigger pull was horrendous and the safety looked like something on a kid's toy.

But

If it goes bang every time like you say, and that is all someone can afford, then I guess it meets rule one of a gunfight (bring a gun).

I'd be tempted to spout off about how for a little more money, one could buy a Ruger, or a Springfield XD, Glock, or other more "well respected" gun manufacturer. The problem is I have now had four handguns that had to go back to the factory for one reason or another:
    Ruger LCP $319 (safety recall)
    Walther PPS $600-ish (broken extractor)
    Springfield EMP $1200 (would not feed hollowpoints)
    Springfield XDs $529 (Safety recall).

Of those guns, the only one I still have is the XDs. Well, actually Springfield has it, but I am actually going to keep it.

So, I believe any of them is a crap shoot. So whatever you buy, prove it reliable the only way there is... shoot it often.

(Cumberland County)

I bought one when they first came out - never an issue! I contacted them because I wanted the safety eliminator, and after reading another thread here, was hoping they would just give me a new gun I sent it off, they did all the work for free ( safety eliminator ) and gave it a trigger job, put a new mag release on ( newer design ) and said they felt the slide was a little out of spec so put a new slide on it! I'd buy another - I asked when they were coming out with a 45 or another model, they said nothing on the books yet.
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Monroe County)

Hickok 45 just bought one , he has a full review on his youtube channel.

There are some great little inexpensive guns out there that are being overlooked, i think the SCCY is one of them.

BTW The Daewoo DP 51 pistol is back in America this time called Lionheart.
    NutnFancy has a review on his Channel.

They're great little pistols. I bought one for my wife because she loved the way it fit her hand. It feeds anything I've ever tried in it and never jammed or ftf'd. Gotta love the $300 or under price tag too.

Smile Re: SCCY ?

I paid $200 out the door used but LNIB with 5 magazines,seems the gen 2 was sent to SCCY for Free updates and they compensated me with 3 extra mags,shirt,hat,lube and pinky extensions,Great Customer service.I might add the lube they sent is stranglely reminesent of Kerosene ? Whick I rememnber a member on PAFOA was a machinist and said they sometime use kerosene for lubeing the end mills for a clean,cut and cool down of the cutter ?

(Pike County)

Almost 1500 rounds through mine without an issue. Less than $300 NIB with 2 ten round mags and a superb warranty and great customer service. You cannot go wrong with these.
    The only thing I did with mine was to add a Tuff1 grip cover.

(Mercer County)

My personal experience with them was not favorable. My life is worth more than $200-$300.
    There's no such thing as a free lunch.

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by sprrdhawk44 View Post
    My personal experience with them was not favorable. My life is worth more than $200-$300.
    Was it a Gen 1 or 2? The Gen 1's had quite a few issues from what I understand.

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by AirportFF View Post
    Was it a Gen 1 or 2? The Gen 1's had quite a few issues from what I understand.
    In all fairness it was about three years ago. It was probably one of the older ones.
    There's no such thing as a free lunch.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast