Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Mercer County)

Question Baretta PX4 Storm 40 or similar thoughts/opions?

I'm considering purchasing another pistol and was curious if anyone has any experiences with the Beretta PX4 Storm? Looking at the 40 in specific. (compact not subcompact) Any thoughts and or input on this is greatly appreciated. The compact 40's were just released in the last year or so.
    Last edited by Bigwoods; April 7th, 2012 at 11:45 PM. Reason: clarification
    "It's better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6"

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Baretta PX4 Storm 40 or similar thoughts/opions?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigwoods View Post
    I'm considering purchasing another pistol and was curious if anyone has any experiences with the Beretta PX4 Storm? Looking at the 40 in specific. (compact not subcompact) Any thoughts and or input on this is greatly appreciated. The compact 40's were just released in the last year or so.
    I own both the compact & the full size in 9MM. They are both the most accurate, reliable, softest recoiling handguns I have ever fired. The sights & trigger are excellent. They are extremely easy to clean & maintain.

I have about 3000 flawless rds fired through my full size which I purchased used for $329.

My Compact (not subcompact) is about two months old (purchased new at Tanners for $419) & it is my current carry. I really put it through the paces to make sure it's as reliable as my full size by;

Running over ten different brands & configurations of ammo available, from the cheapest to the most expensive. Total rds fired to date is over a thousand.

I had my son's friend, who have never fired a handgun in his life, fire 50 rds of assorted ammo through it without any failure of any kind. He was quite accurate with it as well.

I have run it with the very minimum of cleaning, & have fired over 300 rds as fast as I could without a problem.

It's an outstanding value & I would put it up against any 9MM handgun made today, regardless of price. It's only weak point is Beretta's customer service, which I've heard is quite less than stellar. But in the last five years & after firing at least 15 thousand rds through my 5 Beretta handguns I have never experience a failure of any kind whatsoever, so that makes their lack of good customer service a very weak disadvantage.

(Mercer County)

Thanks for the info! Just ordered a PX4 Storm compact .40 today.

(Dauphin County)

I have the compact in 9mm and love everything about it but the saftey. I have a hard time reaching it to take it off from a firing grip. Otherwise great gun.

I own a PX4 its a nice gun. Beretta says its a stronger built gun then the 92/96 design, I think they are right. Some report a great difference in asborb recoil from the rotary barrel system and that helps in getting back on target. Though reliable and durable I don't think the design is as reliable as the 92/96 but it is sleeker and smoother so better suited then the 92 for a conceal weapon. I like the look and especially feel of the PX4 very ergonomic like puttung on gloves. The advantage of the PX4 over the 92 is sleeker, lighter, smaller overall, asorbs recoil, more capcity and features light rail bult in.
    Reliabilty 92/96 cleaning required in the thousands. Cleaning required for PX4 I've heard 500 rounds because of the rotary system. Really not a factor how many times do you shoot 10 boxes ammo at one time? My PX4 is a 45acp so I'll never do that., I've done 5 boxes of 50 no problem
    Last edited by Neko456; April 9th, 2012 at 09:54 AM.

(Luzerne County)

A full-size Px4 Storm Type G (decocker only) in .40 S&W with factory night sights has been serving as my "house pistol" for a couple of years now. I have several thousand problem-free rounds through it. The 17-rd hi-cap magazines I use with it are loaded with Winchester PDX1 165gr BJHPs.

Last edited by XTrooper; April 10th, 2012 at 07:49 AM.
    Steve: NJ State Trooper #3936 (retired), NRA LE Firearms Instructor

(Monroe County)

I got a used (barely fired) Px4 storm (.40) for my birthday last December. Older model, no external safety. I like the way it feels and shoots better than the Glock (27) I was shooting before.

(Monroe County)

Talking Re: Baretta PX4 Storm 40 or similar thoughts/opions?

i have the beretta px4 type F pistol full size in 9 mm and like everyone else said the recoil isnt bad, its accurate and easy to clean. i dont like sub compact or compact. i know their better for concealing but i jus dont like them.

think the px4 storm is a really good pistol, i have no complaints about it except that im not at the range with it right now.

anyone know of any good IWB holster for the full size 9mm?
    America is the finest country anyone ever stole.

(Mercer County)

I'm in the process of getting a http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/Su...me,ProductName The super tuck I've heard is a really great holster for iwb.

I thinkk that the Px4 is an good modern pistol accurrate and easy to carry. Its ergonomic makes it feels good in hand and it has a reduced recoil because of the rotary barrel design system.

It will make you a fine defensive weapon in 40, imagine 15 to 17 rounds of 40 s&w thats a load.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast