Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Ruger Fan and didn't know it.

I am a big Ruger fan, however, I do not care for a single centerfire semi-auto handgun that they make. Their rimfires and revolvers however, are some of my favorites. I own multiple Mark II's and I have a 4" stainless GP100 that I love. Also got a 10/22 receiver that i'll build into something someday.

The Mini-14 intrigues me, but i've never had a chance to shoot one.

(Butler County)

The Ruger American .30-06 I bought last week makes eight for me. LCP, 3-screw Blackhawk, MKIII 22/45, GP100, SP101 (2), SR1911. I guess I'm a Ruger fan.

(Delaware County)

Me too. Five mini 14s, a 10-22, 2 3/4" speed six, 4" security six and a LCP. Three of the minis and the speed six are safe queens, the others I have shot.
    Last edited by bvd1; April 7th, 2012 at 08:04 AM.

(Lehigh County)

Glad to add that I'm now a Ruger fan too. I have a SR9C (my favorite and daily CC piece), a newly acquired 22/45 MkIII (most "fun gun" I own) and a SR1911. Although I find each of these firearms excellent specimens, I realize great pride in purchasing and owning a product made in the U.S. and they are reasonably priced. The quality of Ruger is equal to or exceeds that of other firearms I own (Kimber, Smith & Wesson and Taurus). Unlike other manufacturers (S&W, Springfield, Taurus, etc.), Ruger limits its product line (i.e.; less variety within each model line) and therefore less overhead of parts/piece inventory necessary to complete production with the result in cost containment. This sounds like a company with a reasonable business plan in today's economic environment. Ruger has become the firearms company I now look to first to fit my needs/wants.

(Luzerne County)

Definitely a fan here. 77/22 that was gifted to me @ 10 years old, 6" GP100 and a 9.5" SRH. All fantastic and fun to shoot.

(Allegheny County)

Just got my first one a few weeks ago (GP100 WC), and I love it. I wasn't to keen on it at first, but I polished the internals and dry fired the crap out of it, and it's much better now. The 3" GP100 has great balance, and it's built like a tank.

How do you like the MKII? I have been looking for a .22 pistol to do some cheap plinking with and was considering that as well as the SP101 .22 that came out.
    Stay frosty....

(Centre County)

I guess I'm a Ruger fan, at last count I had a Ruger shotgun, 5 Ruger rifles, 6 Ruger semi auto pistols, 7 Ruger single action revolvers, and 18 Ruger double action revolvers. The range in age from 1965 to 2010.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Lehigh County)

[QUOTE=300WM;1963119]My Wal Mart 10/22 was touchy when new. I hand racked the piss out of it and applied a thin layer of synthetic grease on the rub areas instead of oil.

My problem is with the pins fitting loosely in the trigger housing.The pins work there way out after a bit of shooting & I have to strip her down & push em back in.

(Lawrence County)

I never owned a Ruger until last year when I bought a Redhawk in 44 mag, I almost had a Super Redhawk a few years ago but just couldn't get over how butt-ugly they were. I bought a SR1911 about 2 months ago and would own a LC9 if they offered it without all that stupid California compliant bullshit on it but they don't so I coughed up an extra couple hundred and went with a Kahr PM9 instead. My next firearm purchase will be a 10/22.

(Wyoming County)

I own several ruger rifles and now I am on the hunt for a Ruger International in .243...just because.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast