Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Harrisburg program gives cash for useful tips about illegal guns

Pay to snitch!

Harrisburg Mayor Linda Thompson is offering Harrisburg residents $50 to $200 for calling tips to an illegal guns hotline.

A tip that leads to the recovery of an illegal gun earns $50. One that also leads to an arrest is worth $100 and one that helps police recover multiple guns and arrest multiple people will yield $200, Thompson said.

An anonymous donor gave $10,000 to jump start the program, Thompson said.

Callers must leave their names and contact numbers in order to be able to receive a reward, but the names will be kept confidential, she said.

The hotline number is 1-800- I-snitch which will ring into the chief’s office.

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/ind...hompso_73.html

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Harrisburg program gives cash for useful tips about illegal guns

I wonder if that anonymous donor happens to be a mayor of a large city in the north east?
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    I wonder if that anonymous donor happens to be a mayor of a large city in the north east?
    He was on NPR today talking about all the money he gives to the Sierra Club to combat Coal power plants. He came across oh so smug.

Snitches get Riches!

Can we all call to report the Philly police chief for illegally carrying a gun and impersonating a police officer. If enough of us call maybe they'll actually do something about it, plus we'll get $100 a piece if they arrest him!

This is so full of fail I don't know where to begin. So I will just throw one question an one observation out there.

How do they propose to check on a gun if they receive a tip. Does a tip give them the right to get a warrant to search a house for an illegal gun? doubtful.

Basically sounds like one of the many feel good programs out there that does not have any teeth and does not amount to a hill of beans.

I wonder how much I would get for this tip? I guarantee its fairly accurate.

Most of the illegal guns are owned by people who either support president Obama and their family ( that is not barred from voting yet) all voted for him.

Hell she could probalby find they all by cross referencing public assistance payments at about a 60% rate or more depending on the area.

(Allegheny County)

anybody have the addresses for Linda's son/daughter, nieces, nephews, cousins, in-laws, etc? Not that I'm suggesting anything, just wondering if anyone happens to have those addresses.....

(Northampton County)

Hey, don't take it out on the in-laws

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rodgers View Post
    Pay to snitch!

Harrisburg Mayor Linda Thompson is offering Harrisburg residents $50 to $200 for calling tips to an illegal guns hotline.

A tip that leads to the recovery of an illegal gun earns $50. One that also leads to an arrest is worth $100 and one that helps police recover multiple guns and arrest multiple people will yield $200, Thompson said.

Callers must leave their names and contact numbers in order to be able to receive a reward, but the names will be kept confidential, she said.

The hotline number is 1-800- I-snitch which will ring into the chief’s office.

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/ind...hompso_73.html
    Aint that a kick in the pants. Harrisburg is broke. Where are they getting the money?

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Brownie 56 View Post
    Aint that a kick in the pants. Harrisburg is broke. Where are they getting the money?
    I'm pretty sure the answer is in the article somewhere.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast