Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sig Sauer P238

(Bucks County)

Default Sig Sauer P238

Anybody on here own or shot one? I'm very interested in picking one up to replace my Kahr CW9 as my carry gun. Also if you don't mind me asking how much you paid for the sig.

Default Re: Sig Sauer P238

The search box is your friend, theres numorous 238 threads round here.

(Montgomery County)

I have one (Gambler Edition) and love it. Very comfortable to shoot and surprisingly accurate. I picked up an X-grip magazine which extends the grip slightly and adds an extra round. When clothing won't allow me to carry my compact 1911 .45, I tote the P238.

I bought an Equinox for my wife for Valentine's Day & she absolutely loves it. It's easier to reload & much more manageable than her S&W 642.

Between the two of us we have well over 300 rounds through it & we've had no malfunctions at all.

It's not a gun you'd want to engage a Zombie horde with, but as a deep cover concealment gun, it's great. It's like a Minnie-Me 1911.
    "It's hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
    Thomas Sowell

I shot one and loved it. Like a tiny, accurate, 1911. Unfortunately, it's not ambidextrous and I'm not a fan of .380...

However, Sig has been kind enough to fix that problem with their upcoming P938 which is very slightly bigger than the P238, in 9mm, and ambidextrous.

It shall be mine!

(Carbon County)

gun is excellent, excellent sights and accuracy. shoots like a full size gun. very reliable and eats everything i ever gave it. ergonomics are also very good. you wont be disappointed

(York County)

A great gun. After a lot of research with my wife I bought one for her for her birthday. She absolutely loves this gun, when new people come over and the conversation turns to guns (as it also does) she excitedly brings it out to show them. She originally had a Keltec P32 she hated (my fault, I bought it without talking to her first), so we sold it and put the money towards the P238. It out shot a friends LCP and Bersa 380. This is a high value gun, worth the extra money.

(Bucks County)

Thanks guys for the responses, I've heard that the earlier models had FTF issues. But apparently it seems that problem had been fixed. How much are these guys going for? The typical reponse I get is mid 500s and up depending on the model.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by AYOUNG View Post
    Thanks guys for the responses, I've heard that the earlier models had FTF issues. But apparently it seems that problem had been fixed. How much are these guys going for? The typical reponse I get is mid 500s and up depending on the model.
    For the model with rosewood grips and night sights and with an IWB holster and spare extended 7rd mag I walked out about $700 poorer. But for me at least it was worth it to have a gun my wife loves to shoot.

(Lancaster County)

I bought my nitron w/ the sig trigger guard laser for $500 OTD. If I were you I wouldnt buy one unless you could get it for $550 or under out the door.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast