Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Thinking About Challenging Police Check

Hey all,

I'm interested in applying for my LTCF without going through the police check card. I've seen people talking about it before, and while to my knowledge they never do, I'm thinking about doing it. I've seen multiple people offer to go with the person and offer legal/moral support in it, and I think that I'd be interested in challenging it.

Now for the record, I'm 20 right now- 21 in January, so I've got a while. The coming months should give me/whoever wants to help me time to come up with a battle plan. I DON'T have funds to go to court, period... spending what I do have on food and college (plus ammo here and there...). MAYBE I'd be willing to hire a lawyer and all that, but I'd have to do a donation type of deal, and I really don't think I'd be interested in that... I don't like asking for money.

Regardless, does anyone have any advice or suggestions? Thanks for the help in advance.
    Last edited by Sneaky Pirate; April 6th, 2012 at 11:57 AM. Reason: More detail...

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Thinking About Challenging Police Check

What the hell are you talking about? Seriously, even with the somewhat confusing title, I can't figure out what you are tryingto ask.

(Montgomery County)

Sorry, made sense in my head- I mean the police check card that you need for Montgomery County. I'd like to try to get my LTCF without the card. I guess I'm asking for advice legally and whatnot. I'm good at making stuff sound good in my head, 'specially when I'm talking to girls.

(Bucks County)

Talking Re: Thinking About Challenging Police Check

Quote Originally Posted by Sneaky Pirate View Post
    Hey all,

I've seen people talking about it before, and while to my knowledge they never do, I'm thinking about doing it. I've seen multiple people offer to go with the person and offer legal/moral support in it,
    Try this, forget everything going on in your head and read this short quote as if you are reading it for the first time. You very well could be talking about sexually servicing frm animals for all the info you put in there.
    Let me demonstrate:

I HAVE personally heard people in California and overseas talk about 'F'ing sheep. To my knowledge they don't do it, but i have heard them talk about it.
    I have NEVER thought about doing it, but in your post you said you are thinking about doing it (whatever "IT" is). I have heard of people going to watch bestiality sessions, and we have all heard the old joke about the salesman in the whorehouse who is low on cash and pays to 'f' a chicken, and doesn't know about the peep-holes.

I don't know of anyone who goes along for legal/moral support on these forays, although some might.

Sorry, if I seem agitated about this, but i just spent several more minutes reading your post, and I STILL cannot figure out what you are talking about. Work on it!

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Manxdriver View Post
    What the hell are you talking about? Seriously, even with the somewhat confusing title, I can't figure out what you are tryingto ask.
    He lives in MontCo. In order to obtain your LTCF you have to go to the local police station and receive a "police check card." This gets sent to the sheriff and then you can get your LTCF.

MontoCo's all messed up. Glad i live in Bux.

Good luck with challenging. I support you, but since I'm not from the County, not much I can do. However, if I ever move to a bigger house, MontCo is a distinct possibility for me. And what is done now could still effect me.

Let me know what I can do to help.
    DISCOUNTS - Steel Target Paint: beaverje10 (10% off) | Wiland USA: jbeaver05 (5% off)

(Bucks County)

AHH,,, Now i see. I don't know that it is even legal for them to ask for references. I just this week was speaking to a coworker who was denied, by his local Chief of Police (refused to sign the 'check' card) because he hadn't resided in the township long enough. I did not know there was a time frame for residency mentioned in the statutes either.
    By the way, your name isn't Zach ,is it?
    Oh, and welcome aboard!

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Manxdriver View Post
    Try this, forget everything going on in your head and read this short quote as if you are reading it for the first time. You very well could be talking about sexually servicing frm animals for all the info you put in there.
    Let me demonstrate:

I HAVE personally heard people in California and overseas talk about 'F'ing sheep. To my knowledge they don't do it, but i have heard them talk about it.
    I have NEVER thought about doing it, but in your post you said you are thinking about doing it (whatever "IT" is). I have heard of people going to watch bestiality sessions, and we have all heard the old joke about the salesman in the whorehouse who is low on cash and pays to 'f' a chicken, and doesn't know about the peep-holes.

I don't know of anyone who goes along for legal/moral support on these forays, although some might.

Sorry, if I seem agitated about this, but i just spent several more minutes reading your post, and I STILL cannot figure out what you are talking about. Work on it!
    No, it's fine, I usually get agitated over this stuff too. I'm on a low blood sugar spout, so I'm a bit out of it- can't eat cause I'm in class as of now. I updated it, so hopefully no more confusion.

EDIT-- No, my name's not Zach. I know a couple though.
    Last edited by Sneaky Pirate; April 6th, 2012 at 12:04 PM. Reason: Avoid double post

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sneaky Pirate View Post
    Sorry, made sense in my head- I'm good at making stuff sound good in my head, 'specially when I'm talking to girls.
    Yeah, me too back when I was a young man. It sounded all cool and suave in my head, but it came out as something like "I like booger flavored ice cream".

(Montgomery County)

I think the reason no-one challenges is it because no-one is really too bothered by same-day LTCF. Bucks county follows the letter of the law for the LTCF, but I waited a week for mine. AHenshaw got hers in Montgomery county and she did need to stop at the local PD for the check card, but she also got her LTCF the same day.

I'm not saying it's right, but it's pretty damned convenient.

I will clarify what the OP is talking about.

http://sheriff.montcopa.org/sheriff/...,3,q,41609.asp

Number "2" and "3" are NOT legal requirements. Also, the last sentence on the page that says: "Applications cannot be processed unless all of the above requirements are met." Which basically means, "No police check, no LTCF". Same goes for the references.

I have currently been E-mailing back and forth with the Montgomery County Sheriff's Department on this issue. I actually have heard from the Sheriff herself. Sheriff Behr. She in contacting her solicitor in order to review the process. Based on the verbiage that they used in their E-mail responses, I do not sense any sort of conspiracy to keep people from getting an LCTF. It's just an issue of them not really following the UFA... at all. I can post E-mails about this if requested, but it will be long.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast