Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Threaded View

(Montgomery County)

Default Any info or tips on Police Check Card in Abington?

I've read some of the other threads about Montco and Upper Moreland PD but I'm looking for anyone with any information or tips specifically for the Abington PD. I also know that we shouldn't have to do this but that's a topic for a different thread.

Some posts in the other threads mention a week or two weeks as the time to get the check card back but some of those posts are a few years old. Can anyone else that's had to get one from Abington tell me how long it took to get it? Are there any specific hours that they are "open" for me to bring it to them? For example on weekdays I could pretty much only get there after 6:00 PM. Other than that it would have to be a Saturday.

I'm a little put off by hearing that it could take weeks. I guess I figured it was something that could/should be done right during that visit.

I'm also thinking about applying for a C&R FFL license from the ATF and you're supposed to give a copy of the application to the local PD so I figured I'd do them both at the same time. Anyone have any info regarding that?

I personally know my local Ward's commisioner so I'm wondering if it takes an inordinate amount of time he might be able to make a phone call.
    Last edited by carrguy1; April 24th, 2012 at 02:51 PM. Reason: Fixed spelling of Abington in thread title.