Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    (Butler County)

Default Re: Any info or tips on Police Check Card in Abignton?

Just curious. What's the sheriff learning from the police check card that the majority of the sheriff's aren't finding out thru a legal background check?

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by DonM55 View Post
    Just curious. What's the sheriff learning from the police check card that the majority of the counties aren't finding out thru a legal background check?
    My guess is that it flushes out the total jackwad that the cops have to visit every Saturday night but has never actually been arrested.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Remington788 View Post
    My guess is that it flushes out the total jackwad that the cops have to visit every Saturday night but has never actually been arrested.
    That's fine, but let the Sheriff contact the police in HIS/HER investigation, not the applicant.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by BimmerJon View Post
    That's fine, but let the Sheriff contact the police in HIS/HER investigation, not the applicant.
    Maybe if you go to the Sheriff's office and your card check has a gold star drawn on it that you get your LTCF on the spot (assuming an ok PICS). If it has a red skull, then they make some extra calls. After all, they are allowed 45 days to investigate.

(Lehigh County)

Maybe BimmerJon, Streaker69 and IronSIght could all move to Montco, establish residency and become lead plaintiffs in a class action suit.
    You can justify your own ignorance/laziness however you like, but the "I won't do anything so why don't you do it" argument is just pathetic.

I've discussed the matter with State Representatives, briefly mentioned it to the Lt. Governor, and spoken to attorneys about it. I'm not going to pay thousands of dollars to move and establish residency just so I can be the plaintiff that resolves the issue on your behalf.

I did not bother because I wanted my LTCF and actually I really like the idea of having the local cops having a say in it.

Someone from this very forum did contact the Sheriff recently and had an email conversation with her. Out of respect for the PAFOA forum member that did this work, I will not cut and paste it into this thread. It is in an active thread on the Montgomery county board so you should be able to find it.
    I read that, and it's basically just the Sheriff making excuses. Easily defeated excuses even, if one actually cares to consider them.

The e-mail actually suggests that your sheriff's office may be committing a more serious violation of the law than previously revealed, I am preparing a letter requesting more information as a result of it to determine if that's the case.

(Montgomery County)

Goody for you. So everything is so perfect in Lehigh county that you go to other counties looking for windmills to joust?

(Lehigh County)

Goody for you. So everything is so perfect in Lehigh county that you go to other counties looking for windmills to joust?
    So wait, first I should be the one to come in and do everything for you, but then when it's revealed I've already done research on the matter you proclaim that any effort to change things outside my own county is futile?

Glad to see you can contradict yourself so quickly.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by IronSight View Post
    So wait, first I should be the one to come in and do everything for you, but then when it's revealed I've already done research on the matter you proclaim that any effort to change things outside my own county is futile?

Glad to see you can contradict yourself so quickly.
    No, I invited you to move here and establish residency here, then take a stand. That way you can share in the expense of defending against your suit. Personally I want my tax dollars to be used in a more productive manner.

I just do not see the problem with the Sheriff's process. You and I disagree on that and no amount of late night debate here is going to change that.

Good luck in whatever you decide to do.

(Lehigh County)

No, I invited you to move here and establish residency here, then take a stand. That way you can share in the expense of defending against your suit. Personally I want my tax dollars to be used in a more productive manner.

I just do not see the problem with the Sheriff's process. You and I disagree on that and no amount of late night debate here is going to change that.

Good luck in whatever you decide to do.
    The most productive use of your tax dollars would be simple compliance with the law; blaming the cost of a suit on the plaintiffs and not on those ignoring the law is logic that, quite frankly, I don't agree with.

If your rights are ever limited, delayed, or made more expensive because of a process that violates the law I'll be the first to not contribute to your defense fund, since you don't have a problem with a process that does that for others.

(Montgomery County)

The most productive use of your tax dollars would be simple compliance with the law; blaming the cost of a suit on the plaintiffs and not on those ignoring the law is logic that, quite frankly, I don't agree with.
    There are a lot of things in this county that would be a more productive use of my tax dollar.
    I think we have already established that you and I are not in agreement on this so there is no need to keep reiterating it.

If your rights are ever limited, delayed, or made more expensive because of a process that violates the law I'll be the first to not contribute to your defense fund, since you don't have a problem with a process that does that for others.
    Please don't lose any sleep over this, but since I don't have the slightest idea who you are, and I pretty much disagree with your views as I have heard them tonight, you aren't real high on my list of people I would call if my rights are ever limited, delayed, or made more expensive because of a process that violates the law.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast