Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Washington County)

Default A Tale of Two Walthers

On Monday I purchased a Walther PPK/S from another member and immediately took it out to enjoy the fine weather. It shoots perfectly, exactly the way it should.

Today another fine April day and back to the range, this time with 100 rounds of .380 and a couple of hundred rounds for my Buckmark. I brought the two Walthers I own, both in .380, the PPK/S I purchased earlier in the week and a PK380 I picked up last year.

The PK380 is the only pistol I own that my wife can comfortably rack the slide. The others are just too hard for her to be able to do it, so I was hoping this end up as her carry gun, however, the damn thing just doesn't work -- it will not eject the spent cartridge.

I had 3 mags loaded up at home and I ended up unloading 1 of them and putting the rounds through the PPK/S because the PK380 would simply not eject. In the first magazine it ejected 2 out of the 8 and in the second magazine it successfully ejected only 1.

After giving up on the PK380, I put 85 rounds through the PPK/S without a single problem. Anybody else have issues with the PK380?

(Cumberland County)

Wink Re: A Tale of Two Walthers

have sold a few and no complaints. have you tried a different brand of ammo? if problem is persistent with many brands of ammo you may want to send it in to be looked at. a pain in the ass for sure but why not let the manufacturer deal with his possibly faulty product. good luck and btw i love my ppk/s as well. it never fails to amaze me that the older model guns work so well. just shows you quality and function were of utmost importance back in the day.