Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Scared Sheeple at the bank today.

Larry- did you think banks were off limits because of being federally insured? I have heard that myth before... However, banks are private property in PA and fall under the same rules that every other business falls under.

Quote Originally Posted by .45Kimber1911 View Post
    The bank associate then said to the man that she didn't see a problem with it as long as it wasn't concealed or anything.
    Why is it a problem to carry the gun concealed instead of openly. If anything you would think that the bank associate would rather have be concealed to keep the calm. Hell I have CCed to the bank and guess what the gun didnt jump from the holster yell surprise then start shooting because it smelled money.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by em2b96p View Post
    I personally wouldnt OC at a bank. I guess im one of the sheeple.
    Others may feel differently, but IMO you're not one of the "sheeple" just for choosing not to OC in a bank. You're just making a choice of what seems right for you. You would be one if you ran away in fright when you saw someone else OCing (but otherwise acting conventionally) in a bank, though.
    I am not a lawyer. Nothing I say or write is legal advice.

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by The Hobbit View Post
    Why is it a problem to carry the gun concealed instead of openly. If anything you would think that the bank associate would rather have be concealed to keep the calm. Hell I have CCed to the bank and guess what the gun didnt jump from the holster yell surprise then start shooting because it smelled money.
    That bank employee is thinking along the lines if old-school firearms logic. Basically, if you're a criminal, you wouldn't want people to know it, because they might call police and then your plan's ruined. So you would conceal your firearm. Carrying openly, however, doesn't lend itself to this dynamic: if someone isn't trying too hide their gun, then it's unlikely they're a criminal, so it's completely nonsensical to be concerned over it. This is why OC is often referred to as Gentleman's Carry.
    "Cave Johnson. We're done here."

(Mercer County)

The fact that someone is open carrying in the bank doesn't bother me or the ball & chain. It just means that we will just watch 'em a little closer than the other customers.
    The oracle is in. Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!!

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by The Hobbit View Post
    Why is it a problem to carry the gun concealed instead of openly.
    I guess you are looking for the answer, more complex than from "because I like it that way"? Ok. I might be running my errands OCing and don't have anything to cover it.

And why should I? My ugly mug considered more intimidating, than a gun on an average guy. Should I cover it too? What shoulld I use for that? Hoodie or a ski mask?

Je suis déplorable

Quote Originally Posted by LarryD1130 View Post
    If you can carry in a bank then where can't you carry? Somebody just recently informed me that I can request a lock box for my gun when I go to the city-county building.
    See the list provided by ByblosHex immediately following your post. But note that item #1 on that list says "court," not "city-county building." The law prohibits carry in court facilities and requires that provision be made for checking firearms at court facilities. This does not mean that an entire building is off-limits, unless the entire building is a court facility.

(Lebanon County)

The best thing about this story was the appropriate and proper reaction of the bank employee. Please do name the bank so those with a less friendly bank can consider it as an option, unless you did so and I missed it.
    If you don't know who your state legislators are go here:
    http://www.legis.state.pa.us/index.cfm
    put your zip plus 4 in the box in the upper right hand corner.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by truecrimson View Post
    The best thing about this story was the appropriate and proper reaction of the bank employee. Please do name the bank so those with a less friendly bank can consider it as an option, unless you did so and I missed it.
    This was at PNC Bank on 5th and Passyunk in Philadelphia. It's where I have my business accounts. The bank associates there are very young and probably aren't old enough to know any different and believe what they think to be true. Obviously it hasn't been an issue in the past because I am in there almost every other day making a deposit.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by em2b96p View Post
    I personally wouldnt OC at a bank. I guess im one of the sheeple.
    That is your choice not to carry inside of a bank. It is like no other place that you are allowed to carry inside. Being a business owner and making several trips to the bank a week to make deposits, I feel that it is in my best interest to protect myself from being a target.

The comment about being one of the sheeple was to emphasize that this couple was obviously ill informed about what citizens rights are and where they can carry a gun legally. Just because you choose not to do something but are educated enough to know that it is perfectly within anyone else's write to do so does not make you one of the sheeple. In my opinion, that term is reserved for individuals that believe something to be true based on the falsies that have been spread through the media and social conversation.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast