Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Cumberland County)

Default 3 R Gun Shop - Mechanicsburg

I was planning on ordering a Bushmaster AR-15 through Davidson's and having it shipped to 3 R Gun Shop in Mechanicsburg on Lambs Gap Road. I called 3 R to make sure they still dealt with Davidsons and would accept the shipment from them. I talked to Richard the owner and told him of my plans. He asked me to give him a day or two to see if he could find what I wanted from one of his local distributors and try to save me a few bucks.

Richard kept in constant communication by phone to let me know what his distributors had in stock and gave me some prices. He was able to save me about $75! I will be picking up my new Bushmaster from him next Friday.

I asked him if he wanted a deposit and he told me that was up to me but not needed. I took a deposit to him today just as a good faith gesture so he knew I wasn't jerking him around.

His shop is very small and is mostly filled with Ruger firearms. It's not the most organized shop but I tell you what, he was happy to find what I wanted locally and saved me some money.

I plan on doing a lot more business with him. He gave me great customer service. Although I won't pick the gun up until next Friday, he told me he would have it the very next day if I wanted to pick it up sooner but if not, next Friday was fine with him.

How's that for service! Richard seems like a real down to earth guy and I enjoyed shooting the breeze with him for a little bit tonight.

He doesn't have set hours so it's best to call him ahead of time to make sure he'll be in the shop. He told me anytime I was considering purchasing off the internet, to give him a call first to see if he can get it cheaper locally.

Here's his info. I am not associated with him in any way, just received some pretty good service with no cocky attitude, something I have not gotten from other local shops.

3 R Gun Shop
    1630 Lambs Gap Road
    Mechanicsburg, Pa 17055
    Owner - Richard Cekovich
    717-766-0122

(Dauphin County)

Default Re: 3 R Gun Shop - Mechanicsburg

Quote Originally Posted by Tim H View Post
    I was planning on ordering a Bushmaster AR-15 through Davidson's and having it shipped to 3 R Gun Shop in Mechanicsburg on Lambs Gap Road. I called 3 R to make sure they still dealt with Davidsons and would accept the shipment from them. I talked to Richard the owner and told him of my plans. He asked me to give him a day or two to see if he could find what I wanted from one of his local distributors and try to save me a few bucks.

Richard kept in constant communication by phone to let me know what his distributors had in stock and gave me some prices. He was able to save me about $75! I will be picking up my new Bushmaster from him next Friday.

I asked him if he wanted a deposit and he told me that was up to me but not needed. I took a deposit to him today just as a good faith gesture so he knew I wasn't jerking him around.

His shop is very small and is mostly filled with Ruger firearms. It's not the most organized shop but I tell you what, he was happy to find what I wanted locally and saved me some money.

I plan on doing a lot more business with him. He gave me great customer service. Although I won't pick the gun up until next Friday, he told me he would have it the very next day if I wanted to pick it up sooner but if not, next Friday was fine with him.

How's that for service! Richard seems like a real down to earth guy and I enjoyed shooting the breeze with him for a little bit tonight.

He doesn't have set hours so it's best to call him ahead of time to make sure he'll be in the shop. He told me anytime I was considering purchasing off the internet, to give him a call first to see if he can get it cheaper locally.

Here's his info. I am not associated with him in any way, just received some pretty good service with no cocky attitude, something I have not gotten from other local shops.

3 R Gun Shop
    1630 Lambs Gap Road
    Mechanicsburg, Pa 17055
    Owner - Richard Cekovich
    717-766-0122

Cool...
    Thanks for the info...

(Adams County)

I've never been to visit the actual 3R Gun Shop, however I have purchased a couple of guns from Richard at various shows I've attended. He does have a good selection of mainly Rugers (I usually see his black trailer with the Ruger logos in the parking lot), as well as a number of other brands at his tables. His prices are reasonable, and he often has been the only one at a show to have exactly what I came looking for.

(Cumberland County)

I bought a mossberg barrel for an 870 Remington. Got home opened and and had rubs all over it and it was dirty down the barrel. Called and after trying to tell me that's how they come he finally. Said " bring the fucking thing back il give you your money " then hung up. Brought it back apologized and said I really did not want him pissed off. He gave me the none in a clip and did not even look at me. Walked away and said he would sell it soon any way. Get to the car and Iam 10 short. Said screw it and left. Guy is a jerk and needs to pull his head out of his butt

(Perry County)

I live close to this place and I've never seen or heard of it. Can anyone give any more information about it - description of its location, hours, etc?
    - I support Israel; "If guns kill people my pencil causes bad spelling."

(York County)

If you follow Lambs Gap road in from the Wertzville towards the Pike,his place will be on the left right after I-81 overpass.................double wide with a garage

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by birdhunter317 View Post
    If you follow Lambs Gap road in from the Wertzville towards the Pike,his place will be on the left right after I-81 overpass.................double wide with a garage
    Yeah, you would never guess it was any kind of gunshop. He can't have a sign out I believe, so he has a car/horse trailer out front with Ruger on it ( or at least use to, I don't drive that road too much ). I've never done business with him, buddy has, and says he's a fairly rude guy - but again, I've never had any interaction.
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"