Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

View Poll Results: Bestow "In Memoriam" title to jamesjo?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    61 95.31%
  • No

    3 4.69%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    somewhere, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)
    Age
    45
    Posts
    6,912
    Rep Power
    2967462

    Default Bestow "In Memoriam" title to user jamesjo?

    knight0334 has nominated user jamesjo for an "In Memoriam" title, and this nomination has been approved by the staff.

    As per our process for such:
    http://forum.pafoa.org/support-sugge...ml#post1227512

    the next step is a public vote, which will remain open for one week.

    For more information on the man and his recent passing, please see here:
    http://forum.pafoa.org/lounge-108/16...r-brother.html

    So, what say you?
    Last edited by knight0334; April 2nd, 2012 at 11:53 AM. Reason: fixed link
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

    "[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

    "America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

    "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

    Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Dickson City, Pennsylvania
    (Lackawanna County)
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,464
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Bestow "In Memoriam" title to user jamesjo?

    I don't get why it should be put to a vote. If they were a member here, and they died, why not just grant them the status?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Poconos, Pennsylvania
    (Monroe County)
    Posts
    5,338
    Rep Power
    12613

    Default Re: Bestow "In Memoriam" title to user jamesjo?

    To be honest I've never heard of that user before. That being said im not going to vote either way. Rip jamesjo.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Brookville, Pennsylvania
    (Jefferson County)
    Age
    46
    Posts
    18,605
    Rep Power
    21474867

    Default Re: Bestow "In Memoriam" title to user jamesjo?

    Quote Originally Posted by mollymayhem82 View Post
    I don't get why it should be put to a vote. If they were a member here, and they died, why not just grant them the status?
    Because there is a member here that murdered some cops. Should he be put to death, or die of other causes, his reputation shouldn't be honored.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Poconos, Pennsylvania
    (Monroe County)
    Posts
    5,338
    Rep Power
    12613

    Default Re: Bestow "In Memoriam" title to user jamesjo?

    Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    Because there is a member here that murdered some cops. Should he be put to death, or die of other causes, his reputation shouldn't be honored.
    There are multiple murderers that belonged to this forum. As well as a ton of idiots who post incredible amounts of bad information. As well as those that elude to criminal activity or straight up stupidity. How about that "one in the chamber" guy. If he passed away and one of his buddies put him up for nomination he wouldn't be getting my vote.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Dickson City, Pennsylvania
    (Lackawanna County)
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,464
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Bestow "In Memoriam" title to user jamesjo?

    Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    Because there is a member here that murdered some cops. Should he be put to death, or die of other causes, his reputation shouldn't be honored.
    Okay, but what if he was just an asshole to people? Like, the kind of guy who cut people off in traffic and cut in line at the movies, but he never broke any laws? How about we just not mention criminal members, and give the title to everyone else?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Brookville, Pennsylvania
    (Jefferson County)
    Age
    46
    Posts
    18,605
    Rep Power
    21474867

    Default Re: Bestow "In Memoriam" title to user jamesjo?

    Quote Originally Posted by jcabin View Post
    There are multiple murderers that belonged to this forum. As well as a ton of idiots who post incredible amounts of bad information. As well as those that elude to criminal activity or straight up stupidity. How about that "one in the chamber" guy. If he passed away and one of his buddies put him up for nomination he wouldn't be getting my vote.
    Quote Originally Posted by mollymayhem82 View Post
    Okay, but what if he was just an asshole to people? Like, the kind of guy who cut people off in traffic and cut in line at the movies, but he never broke any laws? How about we just not mention criminal members, and give the title to everyone else?
    That is why it is put to a vote instead of bestowed automatically. The members here become the judges of the person's reputation as outlined.

    Quote Originally Posted by ChamberedRound View Post
    Hey all, wanted to post an update on this issue.

    This is definitely a good idea, so we're moving forward with this. And while we need to have some kind of procedure for making sure appropriate members are honored and undeserving members are not, we don't want it to become overly bureaucratic. So discussing this here and listening to everyone's suggestions, this is the current plan:

    - Using the Contact Form -> Forum Issue page, send nominations to me or Dan.
    - The staff will discuss and either reject or approve the nomination.
    - If approved, a thread poll will be opened to allow for public vote and comment; the poll will remain open for one week.
    - Simple majority vote will then reject or approve, and the user's title will be updated to "In Memoriam".

    Since I don't think there's any argument over SFN and 1861, I've already updated their user titles.

    I hope this will help honor people here who were respected PAFOA forum users, respected members of their communities, and advocates of the RKBA.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    (Philadelphia County)
    Posts
    1,317
    Rep Power
    5479352

    Default Re: Bestow "In Memoriam" title to user jamesjo?

    Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    That is why it is put to a vote instead of bestowed automatically. The members here become the judges of the person's reputation as outlined.

    I remember jamesjo from the .22 H&R revolver threads. Although he only posted a few times, he was always gracious. I voted yes.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
    (Adams County)
    Age
    9
    Posts
    1,916
    Rep Power
    466661

    Default Re: Bestow "In Memoriam" title to user jamesjo?

    Quote Originally Posted by jcabin View Post
    There are multiple murderers that belonged to this forum.
    Boy, did I miss a lot of site history. Put a couple suggestions in the original thread discussing this topic, don't want to hijack this vote for jamesjo any more than I already have.

    camper
    It's the 2nd Amendment that protects all others

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    (Philadelphia County)
    Posts
    1,317
    Rep Power
    5479352

    Default Re: Bestow "In Memoriam" title to user jamesjo?

    Quote Originally Posted by camper View Post
    Boy, did I miss a lot of site history. Put a couple suggestions in the original thread discussing this topic, don't want to hijack this vote for jamesjo any more than I already have.

    camper

    I thought the same, camper.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Bestow "In Memoriam" title to twoeggsup?
    By ChamberedRound in forum Forum Announcements
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: June 30th, 2011, 08:26 AM
  2. Bestow "In Memoriam" title to Lambo?
    By ChamberedRound in forum Forum Announcements
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: August 23rd, 2010, 10:31 AM
  3. Fallen Officer Database and memoriam
    By phillyshooter in forum General
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: May 26th, 2008, 08:03 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Local gun shops | Local shooting ranges | Philadelphia Shooting Ranges | Philadelphia Gun Shops | Pittsburgh Shooting Ranges | Pittsburgh Gun Shops