Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Lebanon County)

Default Re: Heidelberg Sportsman’s Association Monsters and Aliens Multi Gun Shoot

Have a question i was wondering about. Is there reason why there is no 22 LR shoots like this?I wasnt sure if maybe the 22 wasnt loud enough for the timers to pick up? I know lack of recoil would give them an advantage but maybe a 2nd division or something. Thx in advance for the answer

(Berks County)

Default Re: Heidelberg Sportsman’s Association Monsters and Aliens Multi Gun Shoot

Quote Originally Posted by herplover View Post
    Have a question i was wondering about. Is there reason why there is no 22 LR shoots like this?I wasnt sure if maybe the 22 wasnt loud enough for the timers to pick up? I know lack of recoil would give them an advantage but maybe a 2nd division or something. Thx in advance for the answer
    At times there are knock downs or other targets that 22's would not activate. 22's work just fine for the timer and maybe in the future we will add a 22 class. I'll pass this along to the Match Director. There are other clubs that have 22 only shoots. Palmyra and Topton have done them in the past and as far as i know still do them from time to time.

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by awfroadan View Post
    At times there are knock downs or other targets that 22's would not activate. 22's work just fine for the timer and maybe in the future we will add a 22 class. I'll pass this along to the Match Director. There are other clubs that have 22 only shoots. Palmyra and Topton have done them in the past and as far as i know still do them from time to time.
    That would be great.Thx for answering

Not going to be able to make this one....
    Tantric Shooting Team

(Northampton County)

Am I reading this correctly that there is no pre registration? If I want to participate then I just show up at the required time to register that morning? I am asking because most of the matches I go to have a limited number of shooters and require pre-registration.

Also, what are the typical ranges for the rifle stages at this match?

Any other helpful information for someone that has never been to this club before but has attended multiple practical rifle and IDPA matches at other clubs?

Thanks for your help
    Last edited by Awakened; April 14th, 2012 at 11:20 AM.
    "Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who do not.”
    --- Benjamin Franklin

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Awakened View Post
    Am I reading this correctly that there is no pre registration? If I want to participate then I just show up at the required time to register that morning? I am asking because most of the matches I go to have a limited number of shooters and require pre-registration.

Also, what are the typical ranges for the rifle stages at this match?

Any other helpful information for someone that has never been to this club before but has attended multiple practical rifle and IDPA matches at other clubs?

Thanks for your help
    Yep no preregistration. Just show up in time to sign up. Last shoot we had more shooters than we normally get but we were able to smoothly get everyone through.

The rifle targets are set from 10-50 yards usually.

Having attended those other matches you mentioned, this one shouldn't have any surprises for you.

(Northampton County)

Thanks for the information awfroadan. I will try to make it to this match.
    "Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who do not.”
    --- Benjamin Franklin

(Berks County)

Thanks for the information awfroadan. I will try to make it to this match.
    these are always a lot of fun, and for the price?? you cant even buy the targets for 10.00!!

(Berks County)

The weather forecast does NOT look good! That will be a bummer!

(Berks County)

Am I reading this correctly that there is no pre registration? If I want to participate then I just show up at the required time to register that morning?
    Best thing you can do is show up early and help with set up. Set up takes time. It also gives you a chance to meet people and check out the stages. A lot goes into setting up a match. Help with set and tear down goes a long way.

Have fun and be safe.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast