Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Stricker fire Pistols?

Stricker fire Pistols? I was lookng at my striker fire pistols checking look and feel, out how ergonomic they were, how modern the features, how good the trigger how practical they were.

Here is what I found.

I can only go from what I have I have the Glock 2nd Gen 19, 3rd Gen 23,21sf, Ruger SR9C, and Taurus 2nd Gen 24/7. I have Houge slip on on the 19,23 & 24/7 this has improved there Feel 100%. Out of the box grip feel I'd give it to the 24/7 withot Houge grips. With Houge grips it's the 19,21sf, 24/7 tied with 3rd Gen G23. The Ruger Sr9C grips are really too thin but being the CC gun that will do. The look and feel again the 24/7, then Ruger,23 then 21sf. G19 and G23. Ergonomic again the 24/7, Ruger G21sf,G19 the G23. Trigger G21sf,G19,G23, SR9C then 24/7. Reliability Glocks, SR9C tied with 24/7. Accuracy G19,G23,G21sf, SR9C & 24/7 tied. Features the 24/7, then 21sf, 23, SR9C light rail don't work with my clip on light it works great the with others, my G19 doesn't have a rail. Of this group I like the Glock 21sf best 13 rounds of 45acp, best trigger and nearlyy best on overall features. The G19 close 2nd though it didn't win any category except accuravy and concealiblty tied with G23.

That being said I recently examined the XDM and M&P the XDM has a better trigger then any of my guns and so did the M&P. The M&P felt better then my Glocks without the Houges gripper the 24/7 & SF are close. This is a non factor because I have ride the horses that I have. Bottom line I like striker fire guns as much as I do hammer fire.

What's your likes and dilikes on SF pistols?
    Last edited by Neko456; April 2nd, 2012 at 10:36 AM.

(Jefferson County)

Default Re: Stricker fire Pistols?

My dislikes?

Being that I prefer the feel of a single action trigger stroke - nearly all striker fired trigger strokes doesn't appeal to me. ...too "spongy" for me.

I do have a Walther P99QA which has a stroke similar to a Glock's. It is slightly pre-cocked, but the trigger stroke cocks it the rest of the way before releasing the striker. I love the gun, but that cocking doesn't feel as consistent as running the trigger on a double action revolver. ..the break point doesn't feel to be exactly the same place each time.

Now though, the P99 fits my hand like a tailored glove. And is very comfortable to shoot for prolonged periods.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Luzerne County)

I also prefer the single action trigger pull but I am slowly starting to come around. Out of all of them I like the trigger pull on M&P w/ apex kit.

(Centre County)

HK P7 series pistols have the single-action pull once the grip mechanism is cocked. Squeezing the grip is intuitive and is done while drawing.
    I like 'em because they're compact, super-accurate and the trigger is probably the sweetest stock trigger going.
    I think the OP mentioned something about a rail. Forum user "Valorious" had a rail added to his P7.

(Lawrence County)

I'm a big fan of the Walther PPS. It's my EDC pistol. It has a great trigger IMO. Also very ergonomic, and very accurate. Also just got a Steyr M9. Trigger is not quite as good as the PPS, but I've always loved this gun.

Quote Originally Posted by warpath9809 View Post
    I'm a big fan of the Walther PPS. It's my EDC pistol. It has a great trigger IMO. Also very ergonomic, and very accurate. Also just got a Steyr M9. Trigger is not quite as good as the PPS, but I've always loved this gun.
    456-All three of you have a version P99s. I've always liked the Walther P99 series everything about it is so well thought out one of the most ergonomic pistol every made imo. I am surprised that the P99 & S&w99 clone didn't just sweep the market selling as many pistols as Glock. It's as a great idea but not many are as lucky as you guys to own them. The S&W99 had some problem that didn't occur in the P99 strange because they are indentical except for brandname. I too like the reset trigger and ambi nature of the Gun. I question why they are not more successful as say the HiGH dollar H&Ks.