Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Susquehanna County)

Default Please tell me where these people lost their mind?

Please tell me where these people lost their mind ????????????????????? And why politicians listen to them

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/12/bu...hp&oref=slogin

Default Re: Please tell me where these people lost their mind ?????????????????????

Why are you looking for a mind?

Sorry had to before some one else did it. Seems ppl need more info faster these days..

When they come out with a machine that gives the lottery numbers the day before, I want one!
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Please tell me where these people lost their mind ?????????????????????

The fact that they want to ban all display screens in the view of the driver? Yes that is just ridiculous.... They forget to mention that once the vehicle is in gear that the screen no longer displays any video. Yes it will display the nav and radio function, however, most nav's now prevent you from doing any changes unless the vehicle is stopped. So before you go, you set the nav and you cant change it unless you are stopped. And the radio functions on the screen are so much easier to navigate than turning a knob. Plus a lot of the controls are on the steering wheel so you don't have to look at the screen. At least this is the way it is in our cars. So it just seems to me, typical political BS on trying to save people from something they can't do anyway.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Longshot View Post
    They forget to mention that once the vehicle is in gear that the screen no longer displays any video. ...............you cant change it unless you are stopped. ..........trying to save people from something they can't do anyway.
    A LOT of information on the net that tell how to circumvent the 'safety' features of both OEM and aftermarket radios/nav systems, i.e. may systems tie into the emergency brake, so there are ways to bypass or ground out the system to seem like the e-brake is on when in fact it is not!

Just a way to clean out the gene pool.........unfortunately will also take out the good ones..........

C.R.

(Monroe County)

That may be true, however, would you buy a brand new car and viod the warrenty because you dissabled "safety" features? Granted some will, but passing legislation that bans all screens that are in vew of the driver, does not keep people from being stupid. Why not ban all radio's in cars as well, they can be just as much of a distraction. The point is, people are irresponsable and no amount of legislation is going to change it.

(Indiana County)

You know, my clock generates a "display" in view of me in the driver's seat.

As does my speedometer, my odometer, my coolant temperature gauge.....

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Aran View Post

There you go, confusing politicians with facts! How could you? You should know by now that they have no way of coping with the facts, that's why they're politicians. Unfortunately that is all true.
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by Aran View Post

Unless these things display nipples, you'll be alright!
    Every man is my superior in that I may learn from him.