Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default Anyone else have issues with P220 Elite Carry Dark rear nightsight loosening?

Hey all. I have researched it slightly, but I've heard that many people have the issue with their rear night sight coming loose on the there sig 220 elites.

It was odd because the second day I took it shooting, it was starting to drift off of the bulls eye, so i check the sights out and I could move them with my fingers. I checked the rear sight and 1 of the 2 2mm set screws was missing!! So i cranked down the remaining screw so it would not come out. Next time I went shooting, I had the same issue, check it again and the other one was gone!! I think it was the set screw gnomes stealing them as I sleep!!!

(Mercer County)

Default Re: Anyone else have issues with P220 Elite Carry Dark rear nightsight loosening?

Loc-tite, my friend. Loc-tite.
    There's no such thing as a free lunch.

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: Anyone else have issues with P220 Elite Carry Dark rear nightsight loosening?

I just unloaded mine and gave it a look over. The screws appeared to be extremely tight. How many rounds would you say you've put through yours?

On a side note, wow those are some small screws.

(Bucks County)

now probably over 1000 rounds. I went to my local fastenal store and ordered in 2 stainless steel 2mm screws, so they are more durable, and loctited them. That should do the trick. Just wanted to see if anyone else had the same issue. I called up sig about 2 weeks ago and they sent me a new rear sight for free, which was great, but it was for a 1911 haha so i just bought new screws. they were only $1.25

Wanted to go shoot it today and test it out, but was too busy. Have to sight in my sig 556 with the new optics as well.