Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Threaded View

Default 500 yds 20+mph wind & Long Range video (updated)

For a while now, I've wanted to try to share with people, the concept of how far some distances that people shoot are. I'm not sharing this to toot my own horn, brag, or anything else. I'm posting this video for a couple of reason. I want people to understand that for the majority of people, they aren't shooting 500 or 800 yards. Lots of people think they are, and they just don't have an honest concept of how far the distance is. If you don't have a Laser Rangefinder, it's very easy to not have an accurate gauge of how far you're shooting. I also wanted people to see this video, listen to the wind, and understand that most of the time they're not shooting in what they think is 20 mph wind either. Lastly, I was sharing this video with ya'll because I wanted to share with you a place I like to shoot at, and to show that not every day is a "good day" to shoot. All hits in the video were on the plate, lol, but that doesn't mean it was good shooting. I may later release a bloopers real that I'll try to accumulate over some time of misses. We all miss, and the truth is, that's how you really learn; from your misses.

There's no zoom, or anything else like that in this video. I wanted you to experience how far this is with the "naked eye". You can't see trace or anything cool like that because this camera doesn't have any zoom. You can see the country, the conditions, the position, etc. If you listen carefully, you'll hear the hits on steel and how long they take to get back to the shooter. I hope ya'll enjoy, and please feel free to add comments, questions, or anything else. Oh, and it's available in HD.

Edit: Here's a link to the post in this thread that has the 500 yard shooting in high winds. http://forum.pafoa.org/gun-pictures-...ml#post2378500
    Last edited by Tomcat088; April 21st, 2013 at 01:04 PM. Reason: more fitting title for addition