Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Long Range video *(updated with additional video)

Quote Originally Posted by JesterPgh View Post
    That's impressive to me. I don't know of anywhere around here I could get past 300-400 yards. You've got a good combo going there, for sure, and I mean that as all-encompassing. Skills, setup, and of course, nice long range availability.
    Thank you Jester, I really appreciate the compliments. I'm glad that I can share the video with some of ya'll, and show how spoiled I am, lol. I understand that even 400 yard ranges in some parts of the US are pretty hard to come by. If any of ya'll are ever this far down south, just drop me a message and we'll try to get together and see if we can do a little long range shooting.

Default 500 yards 20+ mph winds

I figured I'd post this in this thread to kind of revive it, and so that I didn't have to start a new one altogether. This isn't really a long range video, but I wanted to share it with ya'll. One of my dad's best friends was in town, and he wanted to shoot Emily. It was far from an ideal day, but I figured we could still put some hits on target, so out we went. The sustained wind was over 20 mph, and we were getting some gusts up in the 30's. We shot some other rifles out at 100 yards, and then we went out to 500 yards and I made a cold bore hit. I was the first shooter, but I didn't get the camera in focus, so I put myself last in the video. I left the footage in so that the hits on the target could be accounted for, and so people would know why the target starts out with a group on it. One doesn't get to shoot long range much, and was doing so on a rifle he's never shot before. My dad is the second shooter, and he's so busy that he's just a little rusty. They both did great considering the conditions.

I wanted to post this because I see lots of people claiming to shoot in 20 mph winds, and it's pretty obvious to me that they're not 20 mph winds. There is one miss, and it's because Matt wasn't ready for the trigger to break when it did. Everything else was hits, and target is shown at the end. This is the real deal with 10+ mph gusts. It's available in hi-def, so you probably want to change it to that. This was shot on my Canon T3 with a 55-250mm IS II lens (with crop factor it's 400mm). It was on a tripod and the noise is from wind or the lens cap banging on the tripod. I really need to get a high def video camera with at least a 40x zoom. I hope that ya'll enjoy, and any comments or questions are welcome.

Last edited by Tomcat088; April 21st, 2013 at 03:09 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123