Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Thumbs up American Arms in Colmar

A big thumbs up for American Arms on 309 in Colmar. I took my 17yr old daughter there today to shop for a pistol for her to start practicing for 3 gun. They were polite and friendly. The gentleman who helped us treated her with respect and was very conscientious and patient in helping her find a pistol that fit her. We went with a used S&W M&P9 that was very affordable. I will be going there again. Plus, he thought my daughter was my sister. That made my day and had the opposite affect on her! That alone was worth going in for!

(Bucks County)

Default Re: American Arms in Colmar

I have bought some things from there in the past, always very friendly people in there

(Montgomery County)

I'm surrounded by several FFLs, most of which are pretty decent places. I stopped into American Arms on Thursday to look at a gun. The place was packed, but they still made time for me. Friday I had gone back to purchase the gun. Again, the place was packed. However this time they had the one counter covered in food. Everyone there was bull crapping and eating and just having a good time bashing our beloved president. Anyway, pics took around 30 mins as the system was swamped. But I didn't mind as I just spent the time eating. The one thing that caught my eye was their sign out front. It stated that they still have ARs and to get them before Obama does.

The one thing to note is current prices. The ARs were expensive as well as the few AR mags they had left. However, I overheard them talking about how the FFLs are paying a ton more for stuff right now as well which means they have to pass that cost onto us.

To sum up, American Arms is a nice place to shop. They treat their customers well. And they normally have an excellent selection. Don't forget to pet the dog.
    I would rather die in a shootout than get assassinated in a "gun free zone"

(Chester County)

I had exactly the same experiance: To sum up, American Arms is a nice place to shop. They treat their customers well. And they normally have an excellent selection. Don't forget to pet the dog.

(Montgomery County)

I'll use my first post to sound off for these guys as well.

I've had nothing but great experiences going there. In fact, my last three purchases were made there (MKA 1919, AR-10, and M15) and they've quickly become my favorite gun shop.

No, they're not going to have the best price on ammo, or the largest selection of magazines, but what they lack in inventory compared to the online stores is easily made up for by their service.

I was in there regularly lately, and none of their prices on their inventory that was there before everyone started buying up everything in sight, didn't go up one penny. I'm sure prices have/will go up on newly traded/purchased inventory, but at the same time, can you imagine trading in a AR-15 for $600 right now?

The above is a lot more than I can say about a lot of online vendors, certain places in Chalfont, and several places I just visited in northern PA over the last couple of days.

My only complaint with them is that every time I walk in the door, they seem to somehow have the exact gun I'm looking for staring me in the face from behind the counter.

Unless something catastrophic would happen, I'll continue to buy there and confidently suggest them to friends.

(Bucks County)

Another deal with American Guns in Colmar today for me, its becoming my regular shop as everyone is friendly and eager to help...