Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: The A-Ville Inn Arendtsville

Quote Originally Posted by qikazel View Post
    Hey Tweav, How have you been? Terry and I haven't seen you on smj lately!
    I'm not on there much . I've just been waiting for winter to be over and working too much,And that bike is still broke. I didn't realize you guy's were into guns too.

(York County)

Yea, we both picked up pistols in the last 2 years. Terry has built one of those black guns too.

I'm in the process of machining a lower for one of those right now, But not going to been done with it very soon I've got some other irons in the fire I need to attend to first.
    Last edited by tweav; February 11th, 2013 at 08:02 AM.

(Adams County)

If you don't mind me asking . . . what is SMJ?

Thanks.
    Sig lines here suck!

(York County)

Smj=supermotojunkie.com. It's a motorcycle forum.

(Adams County)

tweav, gimme that upper !!! lol
    " they all fall to the hardball "

Quote Originally Posted by atopp View Post
    tweav, gimme that upper !!! lol
    It's still a no show,but it also has not been cancelled either. I might call them soon and see what's up with it.

(Adams County)

Speaking of Arendtsville, did you guys here about Scotty Taylor (Taylor's Trading Post)?

10,000 ATF violations!

See ya' Bye bye! LOL

Failure to record sales and incoming and all kinds of stuff . . . missing weapons. You name it. Ruh-roh!
    Sig lines here suck!

Talking Re: The A-Ville Inn Arendtsville

Quote Originally Posted by tweav View Post
    My guess is the bartender there now "JP" is gay and was checking dude out . then he notice an extra bulge.
    Quote Originally Posted by tweav View Post
    My guess is the bartender there now "JP" is gay and was checking dude out . then he notice an extra bulge.
    Kinda hard not to notice when someone is carrying a gun. Me being gay has nothing to do with it! If I was, "Checking Them Out," I would have said so. I am not afraid. Anybody who knows me, knows that. However, the then owner ( My Aunt,) Nancy E. Wolfe, felt uncomfortable with guns in general. She did not want the neighborhood to think it unsafe for children to eat in an establishment that allows guns. So she included that in our House Policy which is viewable by our public for their over-all concerns. With that said, A licensed establishment must have a House Policy posted in order for the law to be enforced. House Policy is used in conjunction with local, state, & federal laws. If it is not stated in the Licensed Establishment House Policy- it may or may not be ENFORCED. Those establishments not stipulating in their House Policy of guns--- That in the event a Gun Owner, in said licensed establishment, appears to be Visibly Intoxicated and is unable to respond Cohesively? The tender on-duty MUST contact the State Authorities to have that Gun Owner Removed from the premises. No-One else may do so. So, to say that bars discriminate against gun owners is untrue. Bars discriminate against anyone who does not abide by the House Policies. And, as a customer, if you do not like the House Policy then it is your choice not to be there. I am all for anyone who goes through the appropriate channels of owning a gun. It is our right to do so. It is also our right to ensure the safety of everyone who attends our establishment for patronage. Thanks for the understanding.

(Adams County)

It is also our right to ensure the safety of everyone who attends our establishment for patronage. Thanks for the understanding.
    So how do you ensure the safety of everyone attending your establishment? It is your right, so how do you actually physically ensure their safety?

Armed guards?

Metal detectors?

I would say that telling a guy who was well-behaved -- who had stopped to thank you for your quality service, and who was already leaving anyway -- that he was no longer welcomed because of his sidearm did not accomplish anything to ensure the safety of your customers.

Keep in mind in the future that bad folks don't care about your sign. They don't care about the law. They will have a gun where they want, when they want, and you won't know about it.

So your policy will keep out the folks who DO care about your policy and the law...

Unintended consequence = Only the bad guys will be armed in your establishment. I don't think I want to come to a place like that. It sounds too dangerous for me and my family.
    --Sam

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast