Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Glock trigger pull

Ok this is going to sound funny but figured someone here might know the answer. I have a glock 17 and its my main gun. I really like the 1911 though and trigger on its great. I notice with the glock I slightly pull to the left ( I am a righty) and seems to be a trigger issue.

here is a what I am wondering if I get a safety for the slide of the glock is there a way to de-activate the safety for the trigger and get rid of the over travel to make it shoot simlar to a 1911? I like the idea of 17 rounds rather than 8 this day and age.

thanks

(Lawrence County)

Default Re: Glock trigger pull

You can get a housing from Lone Wolf to handle the overtravel. It works quite well. If you're talking about initial takeup....no....and even most 1911's have takeup. You need to prep the trigger and feel the sear break.

Lycanclarifythrope

I taught Chuck Norris to bump-fire.

There are tons of aftermarket Glock triggers available. Below are a few of many. If its a carry gun I wouldn't go too light on the trigger. If its a dedicated range gun get it as light as you need. I just did the $.25 trigger job on my Glocks and called it a day but I carry them. It helped to reduce the weight a very small amount but made it smoother.

http://www.vanekcustom.com/
    http://www.glockworx.com/Default.aspx
    http://www.glocktriggers.com/

(Philadelphia County)

If you're hoping for a 1911 type trigger, sell your glock & buy a 1911. It's physically impossible to make a glock trigger anything like the 1911 trigger no matter what Travis Haley says.
    If you want to mess with a glock trigger this is the best explanation of how each part of the gLock trigger works & what can be done with each part & what type of return can be expected.
    http://militarytimes.com/blogs/gears...ck-setup-tips/
    Warning: I may not read responses to OP before posting

(Allegheny County)

If you truly want a 1911 eske single action type trigger without losing capacity, or dealing with carrying a large heavy steel pistol.

You need to look at some of the newer polymer DA/SA style guns. Although not a great example in the size weight category. The FNH - FNP45 I picked up is a good example of what I mean. The SA trigger pull is better than an "average" 1911. It has a little more travel but its butter smooth and crisp when it lets go.

This is not the only gun built like this. They make other guns similar in size and weight to your G17. Also in 9mm that operate in a similar way. So does HK. I believe the P30 comes in a manual safety equipped model as well as a decocker.

Someone else will surely chime in with other good examples.

I bought the FNP instead, yes instead, of a 1911. It holds 15+1 of. 45 and has a great trigger. Breaks down in a snap, and is fairly bomb proof. As a bonus it turned out to be extremely accurate and problem free.

I've come to terms with the Glock trigger and I do like it for what it is. I picked up a connector to try and have tried most of the different weight springs in mine, as well as polished - and also "shot the fuck" out of mine.

Thus far, it has an XP trigger return spring. 6#. An XP striker spring 6# (which will set off ANYTHING on this planet in 9mm - including hard primer smg ammo) and the RP safety block spring. Stock connector.

I have zero issues with this setup. I don't strain, pull shots, and the break is crisp and the gun has not had a FTF yet. Even with ammo hoards of people were bitching up a storm about on the internet.

I think your solution if you want a nice, high capacity, polymer firearms with a good trigger... buy one. Many of those things are synonymous with Glock. But not all. You have access to LWD toys. Try some.

(Northampton County)

Yeah like others said there's plenty of parts you can get. I've seen plenty of trigger connecters online (ghost inc,lonewolf)that are supposed to bring it down to about 3.5-4.5 lb, not sure how good they are as I do not have any experience with them. Obviously nothing is gonna compete with a 1911 trigger (I've never felt anything better) but I think glocks are more than very shoot able , you could have to much finger on the trigger and effecting your shot. I would try different positions while shooting to compare, before buying anything for the trigger. And to add to asmodeus6 list of good da/sa definitely a ppq and the p99
    Last edited by lhowland.40; March 29th, 2012 at 04:36 AM.

(York County)

I started off shooting 1911's before I bought my glock, and had similar issues. The problem wasn't the glock, it was my shooting style. I was rushing thru the take-up, jerking the trigger instead of squeezing it. I was also using a high left thumb, which didn't work well on the glock for me. I re-trained my shooting style ( squeeze,low thumb, no finger on the front of trigger guard )- now there's no pull, my accuracy is great, and the gun is still stock. The pull is yours, not the guns, fix that first.

(Montgomery County)

As others have stated there are a number of aftermarket triggers you can use to help with your issue. Notably there is the new Haley "skimmer" trigger. Advertised to give your glock a 1911 feeling trigger. I have one in my 17 my main duty/edc firearm. I plan on doing a write up of it in the near future but here is a short preview:

Did I expect it to actually give my glock a 1911 feeling tigger, no. The mechanics of it are impossible, did I feel there was the chance it was just a gimmick, of course but lets consider that at one time people thought AR-15's were "gimmicky".
    All of the component are high quality with all metal parts polished to a mirror shine. No pretravel in the trigger and it's smooth as can be. I was pleaseantly surprised with it, as soon as I did some dry fire drills after installing it I could tell it was a keeper.

Let me know if you have any other questions about it and I'll do my best to answer them.

Each one of my Glocks 19,23,21sf has a different trigger pull each are slightly different Gen but what can be said is that it's the same pull each and every time. Most people complain about sights, grip and trigger on the Glock. I really don't have any compalints for what it does it does it simple and clean all the time and every time you can't ask much more then that. As for 1911s 13 to 7 or 8 45 acps right out of the box, I rest my case.

I might try a trigger job just to see how much better Great can be. I might sound like a poster boy for Glock but I tried not to like them until I bought one. After that you have call an ACE and Ace, damn.
    Last edited by Neko456; March 29th, 2012 at 08:49 AM.

Richland Township (Bucks County) PA, Pennsylvania
    (Bucks County)

The lone wolf connector brings it to 3.5 lbs, I highly reccomend it.

Its irritating hearing the 1911/glock crap. There's a thousand threads debating it, that's clearly not what he asked.

They are both greatly designed tools with different strengths. When I want hi-cap and reliability in all conditions, I'll take my 19/30sf. When I want to send 9 rounds on target as fast as possible; I'll take my 1911.

Neither is neccisarily superior as its an entirely subjective opinion.
    "More is lost through indecision than wrong decision"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast