Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Mohnton Members

Default Mohnton Members

Are there any scary black rifle owners who would like to get together for some sunday morning (any sunday) shooting at Mohnton? This way the old guys can tell us as a group that we're not allow to hunt with those dangerous assault rifles.

AK owners are welcome too.

(Berks County)

Default Re: Mohnton Members

Quote Originally Posted by bob.mail View Post
    Are there any scary black rifle owners who would like to get together for some sunday morning (any sunday) shooting at Mohnton? This way the old guys can tell us as a group that we're not allow to hunt with those dangerous assault rifles.

AK owners are welcome too.
    Are there old guys there that are saying that? I joined last month and am supposed to be read in at the April meeting.

I will usually be there on Sunday morning but shooting trap. Certainly can bring the black guns and shoot after sometimes.

Let me know.

After shooting at Mohnton for a bit, you'll see what I mean. There is no defensive pistol shooting at mohnton, it's a bullseye range. The rifle range needs a major overhaul and no one seems to worried that it's falling apart. They have more than enough land and money to make the needed improvements and additions. They are very much a bolt action wood hunting club. I been told twice that "You know you can't hunt with that assault rifle". Sure, not in PA. But you can go south and hunt hogs with it.

I find myself shooting less and less at Mohnton - I still do my 1 or 2 days a year of volunteer time. With how cheap memberships are, it makes sense to join a few clubs to get everything you want. For a club with 2500+ members, Mohnton should offer more shooting events in more disciplines on more ranges.

(Berks County)

I'm way behind in replying, but I just wanted to say how right bob.mail is. I would love to see improvements at Mohnton but all the old guys zeroing their hunting rifles definitely hold those up. If you still check this, I'll meet up sometime to shoot. I've also joined the CoCalico Sportsmen's Club so I'll actually be able to shoot past 100m and do so from the prone and kneeling positions.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by bob.mail View Post
    After shooting at Mohnton for a bit, you'll see what I mean. There is no defensive pistol shooting at mohnton, it's a bullseye range.
    I was just thinking about how unpractical it is to have a handgun range with targets on the far end of defensive handgun shooting distance. That is a bummer at Mohnton.

(Berks County)

I was a member of mohnton for a few years. I stopped going, thier facilities were very run down. The pistol range has 2 distances, 25 & 50 yrds. And they have metal target surrounds. Not very safe (ricochets) I may have stayed a member, but the clubhouse doesnt offer much for me. Yeah the food and beer was cheap, but im not a smoker. And they smoke like chimneys in there. Its kinda upsetting, its a decent local range if they would put some of the money back into the place.