Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Remington 1911R1 Enhanced

So I was watching the latest episode of Top Shot and saw they were using a Remington 1911R1 Enhanced. This then got me researching. I like the look of this gun. Does anyone have any experience with it?

I can get it from Buds for $725, no shipping, plus transfer ($20). Is that a decent price? I haven't been able to locate one in my area to check it out in person.

I would love to get the Ruger 1911, but that's going to take a couple of months/years before they are readily available.
    DISCOUNTS - Steel Target Paint: beaverje10 (10% off) | Wiland USA: jbeaver05 (5% off)

Default Re: Remington 1911R1 Enhanced

That price is on the low to mid side of what I see, here, and I don't see many come through the shops, here. When one comes, it is gone pretty fast. I doubt Top Shot would use it if it was a dud, though some of the shooters that come on there are a little overrated (duds).
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by 300WM View Post
    That price is on the low to mid side of what I see, here, and I don't see many come through the shops, here. When one comes, it is gone pretty fast. I doubt Top Shot would use it if it was a dud, though some of the shooters that come on there are a little overrated (duds).
    They were using it in the "trick-shot" competition... so I guess it has to be decent. Just looking for anyone with experience.

Or should I get an RIA or Taurus since they come with lifetime warranties?
    DISCOUNTS - Steel Target Paint: beaverje10 (10% off) | Wiland USA: jbeaver05 (5% off)

Quote Originally Posted by bigdawgbeav View Post
    They were using it in the "trick-shot" competition... so I guess it has to be decent. Just looking for anyone with experience.

Or should I get an RIA or Taurus since they come with lifetime warranties?
    I'll tell you that I own 5 PT 1911's. The first one I bought did so well that I got 4 more for the peoples in my home to have a lampstand gun. All have been given the proper reliability check and no issues in any of them other than an ambi safety got loose on one (easily fixed via the recrimp method) and another actually had the slide to frame fit a little too tight ( the only 9mm of the lot; corrected this with 3-M rubbing compound in the frame rail to slide channels). The blued PT's will rust easier than others, so you'd have to keep it maintenanced, well. Don't know if the RIA 1911's rust as easy or not. The triggers that I have felt on them are abortions in the 1911 trigger world. There are no other amenities, but they seem to be very solid and reliable. Be ready to shell $120 to have the trigger done by a smith that can find his ass with two hands. If the checkering and better trigger is worth the xtra $150 to $200, then the PT is a good choice. What I like about Taurus is the place ain't going out of business anytime soon, and they honor their warranties with hardly any questions. The first two years of the PT 1911 were turd years and if you look at the frame to slide fit and BB fit to the barrel, you will see. The newer ones (especially the $700 ALR) are as good as most of the G-note to $1200 guns I've looked at lately. The ALR is a Quasimoto of a deal and the trigger on it is bullseye/slowfire ready out of the box with LB and WC accuracy (this I have seen first hand and am trying to make the ALR my 6th PT 1911, if I can find one). Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to sell you the $1000 PT 1911 that only costs $600...$700 for the ALR. FWIW, I am suprised the ALR isn't $1500, or more. Right now, they are as hard to get as the SR 1911.

No one is producing a bad 1911 right now. What is starting to separate the good from the real good is price and how much is done on the gun already for that price. If you can get a 1911 for $1000 that doesn't need to go to a smith for anything, you have done well.

(Berks County)

Can't speak for the R1 enhanced, but I purchased an R1 last month, have @ 200 rds through it, with no problems. Very accurate, with a nice trigger pull. I have a sig gsr c3 which I love and the R1 is just as accurate. I wanted the Ruger 1911, but did not want to pay the above retail price, or get on a waiting list. Glad I got thE R1.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Redkats View Post
    Can't speak for the R1 enhanced, but I purchased an R1 last month, have @ 200 rds through it, with no problems. Very accurate, with a nice trigger pull. I have a sig gsr c3 which I love and the R1 is just as accurate. I wanted the Ruger 1911, but did not want to pay the above retail price, or get on a waiting list. Glad I got thE R1.
    What did you pay for it?

(Berks County)

Paid $525 at Encks Gun Barn. It was lnib. Fellow had bought it to do wildbunch shoot, but changed his mind. could not tell it from new.

(Bucks County)

I too have an R1 and it shoots one holes all day long.
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by PocketProtector View Post
    I too have an R1 and it shoots one holes all day long.
    So what you are saying is I should spend $725 @ Bud's and get the Enhanced? Rather than waiting for a Ruger to become available or buying an RIA or Taurus?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast