Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Glock 26 or Glock 27? (please read...)

I'm currently experiencing a dilemma and was wondering if someone could help me out. I want to purchase a new pistol for CC, and have narrowed it down to only the Glock 26 or 27. Now, I had my heart set on the 26 as I currently have a Glock 19 and over 20+ 15 round and 33 round magazines for my 19, but I just found a used 27 for what is a steal of a deal. The two 27 magazines are already fitted with the Pearce baseplates which eliminates the mod I was going to perform on them anyway. So do I hold off on purchasing the 26 and grab the 27? Any help would be great...thanks !!!

Default Re: Glock 26 or Glock 27? (please read...)

I had a similar dilemma not long ago.. In your case I would get the 27 so you have a Glock chambered in 9 and one in .40 S&W. Variety is always nice

(Lancaster County)

You can always get the 9mm conversion for the 27 if you want it later.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(Philadelphia County)

I bought a 27 a couple of years ago, but disliked the recoil and ended up trading it to a friend for a 26. I love my 26 and it's become my everyday carry gun. I also have a G32 (.357) and love that gun as well.

As Yellowfin stated, you could always get a 9mm conversion barrel down the road. They are not very expensive. I have a 40 S&W barrel for my 32. If the 27 is a good deal, go for it.

(Luzerne County)

I love my 27, however it took me several months to tame it and tighten my groups up. If at all possible I would recommend shooting one first to see how you like the recoil. It is snappy and difficult to hold on to.

(Lancaster County)

I have both a 19 and a 26, and carry them interchangeably. Which is the key reason I have those two. I can take any of my 15 or 33 round mags and put them in my 26. I just cannot take a 26 mag and put it in my 19. I figure it's better to have one caliber to deal with than to have to check and make sure I have the correct magazine/round for the gun I have. But that's probably just me being a pragmatist.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Berks County)

Yeah, I say go with the 27 and just get the other barrel
    "Now then, take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me" -Genesis 27:3

(Westmoreland County)

Hold out for a 26. As mentioned, interchangeability, tamer recoil/follow-up shots, 9mm is mostly cheaper than .40, all of your current magazines will fit into the 26, no mishaps by feeding the wrong ammo by mistake, etc...

The G27 was my first Glock. I now carry a Glock 26 and 19, and I no longer have the 27.

(Lebanon County)

I've got a 27 with the plus 1 and 2's on all the mags. I CC'd that setup for years and loved it. I picked up a conversion barrel for 357 sig and it worked just fine and uses the .40 mags.

You could get the 27 and run a 9mm conversion barrel in it an use you 9mm mags as was mentioned above. I've been told that you may have extraction issues due to the smaller 9mm rim and extractor location. I've never personally had or seen it happen though.

You could also pick up a complete 26 slide assembly and then have the 2 guns on one frame. This is the route I would honestly go if I didn't have a 34 already.
    "Remember the first rule of gunfighting ... have a gun." Jeff Cooper

(Westmoreland County)

Thanks to everyone for their replies !! I know about the 27 and the lone wolf barrel possibility, that's why I was/am considering the 27. The only thing that made me take a pause dealt with the cost of.40 ammo and the possible confusion with the magazines. And to make matters worse, I got quoted $519 plus tax for a brand new 26 (gen 3), and $447 plus for the used 27 (assuming it to be gen 3 as well). Price is the big dilemma i suppose, but info like being able to drop a lone wolf in for practicing. I just figured that if I'm getting the .40 caliber, I should be practicing with it and nothing else...wouldn't you all agree?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast