Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Schuylkill County)

Default Schuylkill County Sheriff Joe Groody announces License to Carry Firearms Day

Joe Groody
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
    570-628-1440 (O)
    Schuylkill County Sheriff Joe Groody announces License to Carry Firearms Day, Saturday, April 14th – 8:30 am -12:30 pm.
    The Sheriffs office will be open on Saturday, April 14th from 8:30 am -12:30 pm at the Schuylkill County Court House, Pottsville. We will be accepting applications for License to Carry Firearms for renewal or new applicants. “To better serve County Residents I will offer offices hours on announced Saturdays to accommodate law abiding citizens an opportunity to apply for a License to Carry Firearms” said Groody.
    Application can be found online at: http://www.co.schuylkill.pa.us/Offic...riff/index.asp
    1. Current license holders can only renew up to 60 days before their expiration date.
    2. Applicants MUST be 21 years of age or older to obtain a license and need the following:
    a. Primary Identification - (A CURRENT & VALID Pennsylvania Drivers License OR a CURRENT Pennsylvania Identification Card) Also be prepared to have two references - (MUST include FULL Name, FULL Address & Phone Number; CANNOT be family members.) ID must have current residing address.
    b. The fee for the license is $20.00; we can only accept check or money order, no cash. When paying with check or money order please make payable to the Schuylkill County Treasurer.
    c. Applications will be processed and permits will be mailed to your home address.
    Republicans believe every day is July 4th Democrats believe every day is April 15

(Dauphin County)

Default Re: Schuylkill County Sheriff Joe Groody announces License to Carry Firearms Day

I don't get it.... Can't anyone go any time just about and apply for their LTCF?

(Centre County)

Default Re: Schuylkill County Sheriff Joe Groody announces License to Carry Firearms Day

Yeah, but it sounds like he is going to be open on Saturday, as opposed to usual im guessing.

(Berks County)

Yeah, looks like he's adding Saturday hours to make it easier for people who work during the week to get their LTCF.
    Please help my Baby Kitties and I avoid being homeless.

Yeah... but how about a "GUN PERMIT" DAY?

Glad to see this sheriff using the proper name for the document... although he did mention "permit" in the last line of that news release.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Totez View Post
    I don't get it.... Can't anyone go any time just about and apply for their LTCF?
    Lots of people have work or other commitments that are hard to break or modify during the regular work week.
    I am not a lawyer. Nothing I say or write is legal advice.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by twency View Post
    Lots of people have work or other commitments that are hard to break or modify during the regular work week.
    I get it now, thanks!

I'm so used to working night shift that it didn't even cross my mind

(Clinton County)

Quote Originally Posted by HiredGoon View Post
    Yeah... but how about a "GUN PERMIT" DAY?

Glad to see this sheriff using the proper name for the document... although he did mention "permit" in the last line of that news release.
    Gun permit day is after the Concealed Carry Only Permit Day. You are not allowed to OC if you get this permit.
    The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

(Chester County)

Sounds like we are missing the big picture - KUDOS TO THE SHERIFF!!!

It sounds like he is on our side.

(Monroe County)

Good stuff. This is something you'll never see the Monroe Sheriff doing while he is still alive.
    Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast