Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lycoming County)

Default My First Sig (P228)

Pulled the trigger on one of these Swiss trade-in Sig P228s in 9mm, produced in 1992. I've always wanted a Sig and this fit the bill. Slide has been refinished, frame has minor finish wear, fires flawlessly, and accurate.

I ran about 50 rnds AE FMJ and 20 assorted HP's (Hornady TAP/Critical Defense) with no problems. The slide wouldn't lock back on the last round, but I do believe it was because of my grip.

Think I might add some Hogue wood grips to replace the slightly worn factory ones, but thats it for now. I'm content with trigger as it is. I can say though, that I can see getting another Sig to add to the collection.

Here she be....

"Unus ut caput capitis"

(Berks County)

Default Re: My First Sig (P228)

A surplus 228 was also my first. Arguably the best sig ever produced I don't see the need to spend the market price for more sigs. The 228 will be in my possession until I die.

(Westmoreland County)

Very nice. I should have held on to my Sig...

(Lycoming County)

If I had the spare funds, I'd pick up another one in a heartbeat.
    "Unus ut caput capitis"

(Berks County)

Tried carrying the 228 lastnight after being reminded of how sexy she is. With hogue grips I have a problem with my t shirt getting stuck on that tacky material. I don't think I would swap the grips if I could do it again. Food for thought.

(Warren County)

Thumbs up Re: My First Sig (P228)

Nice P228 you have there, I've had mine for a while now and I love it as I'm sure you will if you don't already. They are a great gun , accurate , reliable and just fit your hand so perfectly. Just beware that Sigs have a way of multiplying, I started out with one and now have 3.
    Tim , USAF Ret.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Zet70 View Post

Tried carrying the 228 lastnight after being reminded of how sexy she is. With hogue grips I have a problem with my t shirt getting stuck on that tacky material. I don't think I would swap the grips if I could do it again. Food for thought.
    I hate those Hogue grips with a passion. I plan on going with a pair of wood grips.

Quote Originally Posted by chez323 View Post
    Nice P228 you have there, I've had mine for a while now and I love it as I'm sure you will if you don't already. They are a great gun , accurate , reliable and just fit your hand so perfectly. Just beware that Sigs have a way of multiplying, I started out with one and now have 3.
    Oh I'm sure I'll pick up another Sig at some point. This is the first Sig I've shot and I really enjoy it.
    "Unus ut caput capitis"

(Philadelphia County)

Very nice choice for your first Sig.

I love my Swiss Police 228 and went through a few different rounds of upgrades. I started with the Hogue rubber panels and while they felt good in my hands I really didn't like them all that much. I currently switched to the Sig E2 grip set. I wasn't crazy about the looks of them at first but they feel like a dream in hand.