Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Taurus 24/7 DS LS 40 cal is a good gun.

Taurus 24/7 PRO DS LS 40 cal is a good gun. It has all the modern features that you would want on a pistol it seems to be accurate and relieable. Most of my guns are Name brand from Beretta, Glocks, Ruger, Colt,S&W, and Kimber. After years of shooting and comapring results the 24/7 rates right in there with these name brands behind the Beretta, Glocks & worked Colt in reliabilty but right in the mix with othere. If it gets really dirty the 24/7 will start to jam, solution clean it after heavy shooting outings. I would say that it is reliable. So much so that it works out that its sharing Home defense duties with Ruger SRC9 both capacity champs among my Guns. The Ruger holds 17 9mms and the 24/7 15 40 cal.

Whats your story on Taurus 24/7 or 800 series?
    Last edited by Neko456; March 26th, 2012 at 09:05 AM.

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Taurus 24/7 DS LS 40 cal is a good gun.

I had a 24/7 Pro DS in .40 a while back, and it was a lot of gun for the money. The fit/finish wasn't great, but it ran flawlessly. I cut it loose when I decided to narrow my pistols down to just .45 and 9mm, but I'd bet it's still out there running well.

I'm sure you know my feelings with this pistol. Got 8 24/7's in 3 different configurations (4 Pro 9mm, 2 OSS DS 9mm, 2 G2 9mm), and 2 809B's. All of them have proven to be gun fight worthy, and as far as feel, only the P30 feels as good to me when compared to the 24/7 Pro's or the 809. If the SHTF, I'm going to have one sticking out of every pocket.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

I'm with you I find the fit and finiish on par with the others. The accuracy and feel and fit seems to be top notch. I really like the last gen with the safe trigger & glock take down If I find one I'll buy it then I may sell my 2nd Gen 24/7 if this version has a flaw it is it's take method IMHO.

If things go bad I already have other candidates for my bug out gear but the 24/7 coould do it. You do have Confidence in tthese Taurus pistols.

I do not own a 24/7.

Having said this...I have always had a penchant for military/police, kind of off beat carry pistols. I have really liked how the 24/7 feels in my hand, and have considered purchasing one a few different times. (I may still)

To me this pistol is extremely ergonomic, and for the right price, I would certainly own one. I believe Taurus is now offering basically the same pistol with a true hammer, slightly different designation.

Gunner

Quote Originally Posted by Okiegunner View Post
    I do not own a 24/7.

Having said this...I have always had a penchant for military/police, kind of off beat carry pistols. I have really liked how the 24/7 feels in my hand, and have considered purchasing one a few different times. (I may still)

To me this pistol is extremely ergonomic, and for the right price, I would certainly own one. I believe Taurus is now offering basically the same pistol with a true hammer, slightly different designation.

Gunner
    That would be the 800 series. Looks and feels like a 24/7 Pro, but with a hammer instead or a striker. I can't tell much of a difference. Both are extremely accurate and well built. The only Taurus I've sent in for repair was a Tracker .44 mag, and it was for a timing issue, which Smith has had issues with in the past, and the .500 I owned (sold) had to be timed, as well. I been fortunate, I guess, cause some of these Taurus polymers I have have been ridden hard and put away wet many times. A thread on TOS asked what your best shot ever was and my reply was I pink misted a housefly on the bottom of the target backboard at 7 yards. Range master let me cut that piece out and it is in my target scrap book. Gun was a 9000 round 24/7 Pro 'bout 5 yrs old.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

The 800series has the reputation of being a faster shooter then the 24/7 it has a Walther like trigger. My 24/7 isn't that accurate but its not bad. That was either luck or a great shot misty a fly at 7 yards i see why you stand by these guns not to mention your kids being a crack shot with them also.

I like the fit and finish of my 24/7 I only wish it was Gen3 (glock like trigger and take down) side by side comparison the Taurus rates high in fit and finish, ergonomic, features and capicity. I don't shoot it as much as I do the other guns I own, but like you if I did I bet it would grow on me even more.
    I may look into a 800 series but I really want a 3rd Gen 24/7.
    Last edited by Neko456; March 29th, 2012 at 09:09 AM.