Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (York County)

Default ruger sr40c H E L P

well i hope someone can give some answer.purchased brand new sr40c amonth ago,right out of the box mags wouldnt seat right and round wouldnt chamber.i sent it right back to ruger,one month later (today) i got it back.note said they replaced mag latch and extractor and test fire was great.well i immediately loaded mags fully and tried to place them in the gun,again i literaly had to slam the mag in there to get it to seat again.once seated it still failed to cycle rounds repeatedly (but that couldve been me i was manually racking) i called ruger they said man up and shove mags in there it needs a break in period.ive never heard that with magazines.also with the slide locked backed when i have to slam the mag in the slide comes forward and chambers a round..is this just how it is or should i send it back and ask for replacement ????????? brand new never been fired.

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: ruger sr40c H E L P

side will shut if mag is sllapped hard with gun held at an angle on most autos. how do you know it wont cycle if its unfired? shooting and cycling are two totally different animals my friend and no matter what anyone says a gun needs to be broken in to mate parts together for the long haul a few hiccups may not be wanted but its normal. id go run 2-500 rds through it before id take any more action, the sr series are decent firearms and id put my life on em (but id grab an xd or 1911 first, preference)

send it to me with some ammo and Ill shoot it for you.
    I have an SR9 and SR9c. Both have functioned flawlessly through more than 800 rounds each. they were pretty tight at first but now smooth as butter
    Derrion Albert was my Hero.

(Lawrence County)

You can try "Downloading" the mags to 8 > 10 rounds and shooting a couple of boxes of ammo thru the gun. It may be a Ruger, but a little break-in isn't going to hurt anything...
    For those who've never fought for it, the price of freedom shall never be known.

(Chester County)

This is not a suggestion - I would never suggest removing a safety - just an idea...

Have you tried removing the magazine disconnect? Videos are on Youtube.

I own the SR40c and SR9c. Load both magazines and insert (with slide in normal position)....push the mag release button to ease in...rack and chamber (hard)....shoot and see how it cycles.

Quote Originally Posted by mbinpa View Post
    This is not a suggestion - I would never suggest removing a safety - just an idea...

Have you tried removing the magazine disconnect? Videos are on Youtube.
    Lets see if the guns cycles...but I like your thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by nateebobo View Post
    side will shut if mag is sllapped hard with gun held at an angle on most autos. how do you know it wont cycle if its unfired? shooting and cycling are two totally different animals my friend and no matter what anyone says a gun needs to be broken in to mate parts together for the long haul a few hiccups may not be wanted but its normal. id go run 2-500 rds through it before id take any more action, the sr series are decent firearms and id put my life on em (but id grab an xd or 1911 first, preference)
    You would need to modify the slide on an SR for that to happen.

Made a video....kind of confirmed the OPs problem

(Lehigh County)

Had similar experience with my SR9c. On a full mag, you need push harder to lock-in. I removed the mag-disconnect, and made a difference. After several hundred rounds, it's now a lot smoother. I can easily push it with my thumb.

I suggest to just use it... break it in. A lot of guns are like that when new. Even my Springfield XD is like that on a full mag.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast