Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Pike County)

Default Buying ammuntion locally?

I am looking into buying some .223 ammo for that AR-15 I am about to buy, I found some decent prices online but the shipping prices are ridiculous. A bunch of websites I visited wanted $16 to ship $23 of ammo (100 rounds of .223, Brown Bear). However if I order 500 rounds of ammo they charge me $18-$20. I am looking to save money here and I am trying to cut the shipping charges. So does anyone within 50 miles carry Brown Bear, Silver Bear, Wolf WPA and Lake City XM193 for reasonable prices? I was even thinking of visiting Cabela's (A bit of a drive) but they tried over-charging me by $100 on a rifle so I question if they have good deals on ammo. I liked Gander Mountain which is a lot closer, they treat you nicely and they actually have good deals sometimes. My last option is Wal-Mart but they only typically have Tula.

So if you guys have any other suggestions please share em, I really need them. Thanks.
    Sanity, yours if you can keep it.....

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Buying ammuntion locally?

Gun show at Split Rock this weekend.

Make the trip, it's worth it for bulk ammo.

(Berks County)

As you've probably figured out the only way to get good deals on ammo is to buy in bulk. 500-1000+ rounds at a time usually is the way to get the lowest price per round. This website lists a lot of online deals and you can sort it by the cheapest cost per round shipped. http://gun-deals.com/ammo The shipping calculator isn't always 100% but it's close. If you don't want to buy in bulk to save money then as you said you'll need to find it at the local stores to you. Good luck and I'd buy some .223 as soon as you can cause it's probably going to be hard to find in the next couple of months and the price will more than likely go up.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Arrdy View Post

DITTO If anything, it's worth it just to see everything..

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by Arrdy View Post

Quote Originally Posted by mongo View Post
    DITTO If anything, it's worth it just to see everything..
    Where is Split Rock located? Maybe I can make a trip on Saturday,

Quote Originally Posted by awfroadan View Post
    As you've probably figured out the only way to get good deals on ammo is to buy in bulk. 500-1000+ rounds at a time usually is the way to get the lowest price per round. This website lists a lot of online deals and you can sort it by the cheapest cost per round shipped. http://gun-deals.com/ammo The shipping calculator isn't always 100% but it's close. If you don't want to buy in bulk to save money then as you said you'll need to find it at the local stores to you. Good luck and I'd buy some .223 as soon as you can cause it's probably going to be hard to find in the next couple of months and the price will more than likely go up.
    Thanks, I checked them out and it gives me error for all the shipping prices. The thing is I wanted to buy small quantities of Wolf and Brown Bear before going bulk since I want to make sure it will function properly in my rifle. In my research Palmetto State Armory has the best shipping prices by far, $9 shipping for 450 rounds of XM193. Awesome.

(Bucks County)

Ammoman.com All his prices include shipping. If you live in the North East and are willing to brave deepest, darkest, communist, N.J.... he is in the Cherry Hill area and allows pick up. FOR GODS SAKE LEAVE YOUR HOLLOW POINTS AT HOME!!!! (Only bad people use them...or so I am told!!!)

F.

P.S. I don't mean to be pissy.... just haven't had my coffee yet!

(Pike County)

Shit, I have no time to visit this firearm show this weekend. Will they still be around next?

Quote Originally Posted by 1096369fred View Post
    Ammoman.com All his prices include shipping. If you live in the North East and are willing to brave deepest, darkest, communist, N.J.... he is in the Cherry Hill area and allows pick up. FOR GODS SAKE LEAVE YOUR HOLLOW POINTS AT HOME!!!! (Only bad people use them...or so I am told!!!)

F.

P.S. I don't mean to be pissy.... just haven't had my coffee yet!
    Ammoman I have checked out and their prices are on the higher side even with the free shipping, it seems they put the shipping cost into the price of the ammo. Also I would never go into New Jersey with any firearm related ammo, it's a twisted state and I prefer to stay away.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by LifeInPa View Post
    Shit, I have no time to visit this firearm show this weekend. Will they still be around next?

Ammoman I have checked out and their prices are on the higher side even with the free shipping, it seems they put the shipping cost into the price of the ammo. Also I would never go into New Jersey with any firearm related ammo, it's a twisted state and I prefer to stay away.
    Shipping is definitely included in the cost of the ammo. They say it ships free, but its really built in to the price. Right now they are running 2% off with promo code "ammo", and for every $100 you spend, you get $2 off your next order. Some sort of reward program.

Not a shill, I've just bought a bunch of stuff from there. Shipping is fast. I order as late as wednesday and its at my door friday.

They are one of the few places that sell surplus 8mm mauser, which is what I've bought.
    Last edited by stimrob; March 22nd, 2012 at 10:11 AM.

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by stimrob View Post
    Shipping is definitely included in the cost of the ammo. They say it ships free, but its really built in to the price. Right now they are running 2% off with promo code "ammo", and for every $100 you spend, you get $2 off your next order. Some sort of reward program.

Not a shill, I've just bought a bunch of stuff from there. Shipping is fast. I order as late as wednesday and its at my door friday.

They are one of the few places that sell surplus 8mm mauser, which is what I've bought.
    No, no first hand accounts are welcome here. I check out Ammoman every now and then but when I add up the total cost from every website I visit Ammoman is on the higher end when total cost is calculated.

Until after the election and the dust settles I'm sitting on ALL 9mm I have and adding to it only. I'm switching to the .22 pistol for training.

Rifle ammo is different. I've been saving that since the last time around. ;-)

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast