Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Default Re: Bucks County-Michael Ozlek

Quote Originally Posted by brownman View Post
    What else was the guy supposed to do when youre dodging him left n right? The next logical thing is go to next of kin. He was trying to get a hold of you and couldnt. They are the closest people to you and next in line in trying to track you down.

I'm willing to bet Joels check was cashed and the money was SPENT. That why you couldnt send it back. I dont think you are in any position to be pissed at him or try to hold out on sending his money back. Why would you cash the check he sent in the first place if the revolver was already gone by the time you recieved it. The deal was done, there was no more gun to give him, where do you get off cashing that check?

Then you say, yes I still have it, Oh its in the shop, the timing was off, yadayada. When in actuallity, it was already sold.

Thats some pretty shady shit. It looks to me like you saw a guy from out of state, 20hrs away, easy target. You tried to burn him and now youre in the process of getting burned back.

Good for ya.
    I agree, he's a crook. Down in Florida, Dana Reed is famous for screwing over buyers and sellers from everyplace EXCEPT Florida, because he knows that Florida buyers will come after him. Florida buyers will have Florida cops get him. People in other states, mostly they have better things to do than pursue restitution over a few hundred dollars.

Sounds like that's the deal here, Ozlek sold the gun to the local guy but thought he could get a few hundred free dollars from the out-of state guy, string him along for a while, then maybe play some tricks with a mis-addressed package with a brick in it or something. Who knows what his plan was. But his posts here don't exactly cry out "smart guy with ethics", do they? So maybe there was no plan, just refuse to respond to emails and hope it all goes away. I dunno, but Michael Ozlek's name is mud, forever associated with "scammer", and it's showing up in the first page of Google hits already.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by gmilo View Post
    Gunlawyer, I don't regret for one second what I did. The only thing I regret is that I can't meet Joel Case face to face.
    Actually that is something you might regret.
    DISCOUNTS - Steel Target Paint: beaverje10 (10% off) | Wiland USA: jbeaver05 (5% off)

(Lehigh County)

Gunlawyer, I don't regret for one second what I did. The only thing I regret is that I can't meet Joel Case face to face.
    You cashed his MO, which means you legally entered into a contract with him, a contract you knew full well that you were going to break. Until you return all of his funds or ship him the gun, you have broken that contract and committed mail fraud.

Until Mr. Case receives a full refund, you should just keep your trap shut.

You will get zero sympathy from anyone here.

Quote Originally Posted by 98Redline View Post
    You cashed his MO, which means you legally entered into a contract with him, a contract you knew full well that you were going to break. Until you return all of his funds or ship him the gun, you have broken that contract and committed mail fraud.

Until Mr. Case receives a full refund, you should just keep your trap shut.

You will get zero sympathy from anyone here.
    Legally, he entered into the contract the moment he agreed that Case would send payment and Ozlek would send the gun. The contract doesn't wait until performance, it exist prior to the mailing or receipt of payment. It exists when they verbally agree to terms.

He breached the moment he agreed to sell the gun to the second person, making performance under the 1st contract impossible (at this point, I'm assuming that there were only 2 buyers, but Google is going to alert anyone else who may have sent money, so we'll see.)

Even sending the money back doesn't make the breach go away. There was a valid and binding agreement, one party willfully violated that contract, the remaining question is whether he at least returns the money or is criminally prosecuted instead.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Bucks County)

No excuses on my part but if someone threatens your children what would you do. How would you handle it.
    Dude your a deadbeat. You wasted my time before. If you expect anyone to ever deal with you from this forum your living in a dream world.

(Montgomery County)

Easy to say when you know he is so far away. It's also a common claim from scammers and frauds. I dealt with one when I was flipping houses who said the same thing to me on multiple occasions. Boy did he sing a different tune when I showed up less than ten minutes later. Apparently he felt a face to face would make him more believable, but when I challenged his claims in person and he realized his story was full of holes he tried to change his tactics. You guys always think you are smarter and smoother than everyone else, but if this were the case you would have a financially stable existence without the need to prey on others. I hope you go get locked up.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdawgbeav View Post
    Actually that is something you might regret.
    ^^THIS^^, depending on what kind of guy it is you just tried to beat for $300, you might consider yourself lucky he is 20hrs away.

I wont get into what I'd do if I were Joel, use your imagination. And thats why you picked him isnt. Pretty hard to catch an ass whoopin from a guy in Mississippi...

Depending on how far this goes, do you guys think the S&W chez323 got could be taken for evidence. IANAL but I wouldnt be surprised. Its a key part of this whole story and gmilo's scam. If that turns out to be the case, then he screwed more than just Joel.

I feel bad for chez too for being sucked into the middle of this shit. Rep sent to him for trying to be of any assistance in the matter for Joel (a guy I'm sure hes never met but that doesnt matter does it. No, because hes a stand up guy trying to do the right thing). Just another testament to the type of folks that are on PAFOA and the gun community in general.

Maybe more of you could send him a little love.

chez323
    Hopefully you will get your money back as I can confirm without a doubt that I bought that model 36 off of him. The same one he sold you on another forum. If you need any further assistance from me just let me know.

People like this give the forum a bad name.............
    Last edited by brownman; April 6th, 2012 at 01:46 PM.

(Montgomery County)

IANAL but I would think that unless the OP claims the gun is his then Chez is in good shape. Ownership at this point is not an issue.

(Bucks County)

I believe you will get your wish only it will not be at your door. It will be in a court room and you will be the defendant and Joel will be the complainant/ witness. At this point if I was Joel, I definetly would follow through and prosecute out of general principle. Hopefully the restitution will cover some of the expenses Joel has to go through beside the original money you screwed him out of. If what you say has any truth to it, Joel's money would have been in safe keeping and you could have sent it to him before this and not have to wait to cash a retirement check to pay him back. Out of curiosity, did you use Joel's money as a down payment on another firearm or just spend his money on other items? The big question is "where's the money"?

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast