Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Default Re: Bucks County-Michael Ozlek

So I filed my police report, waiting to pick that up so I can add it in my packet of information for the postal inspector. The detective who is working the case was able to get Michael Ozlek on the phone and Mike says he doesn't have the money right now and I will have to wait until the 18th when his retirement comes in to get my money. Although he recently put a gun on hold with a local gun shop. So he has money for that, but not to pay his restitution. But he told the detective he will send me my money on the 18th. That sounds really familiar, as if Mike had said that before.....

I honestly hope he doesn't send my money. The detective said I could come to PA, find out exactly where Ozlek is at, then go to the Bristol PD and file a report and they would go pick him up. I am hoping I can get that mail fraud charge pinned on him so he can no longer own handguns, that would really do it for me.

Ozlek aka "Gmilo" also made it a point to tell the detective that he would like me to stop calling him. I have called him about twice a week since he stole my money. On the other hand he called me three times in one day starting at 7 AM in the morning. For a scam artist this guy is a total cry baby.
    Last edited by JoelCase; April 6th, 2012 at 01:08 AM.

This is a real fucking shame. What a piece of shit. I hope you are able to nail him to the wall. What kind of time/penalties would he be facing for mail fraud charges? I would imagine something pretty severe. Would it be federal charges too since its the USPS?

This has me pissed off and I dont know you or have anything to do with this deal. It makes us look bad up here in PA and on PAFOA. This is not the type of shit we are into on this site. As a whole, this is a great group of nice, helpful, individuals with tons of knowledge on firearms around here and I'd bet most would give a stranger the shirt off their back. I think you can pick that up just from reading this thread.

I hope you will continue to stick around. I think you will like it and most of the folks.

Sorry for your ordeal. This guy deserves everything he has coming to him. Fry him.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by brownman View Post
    This is a real fucking shame. What a piece of shit. I hope you are able to nail him to the wall. What kind of time/penalties would he be facing for mail fraud charges? I would imagine something pretty severe. Would it be federal charges too since its the USPS?

This has me pissed off and I dont know you or have anything to do with this deal. It makes us look bad up here in PA and on PAFOA. This is not the type of shit we are into on this site. As a whole, this is a great group of nice, helpful, individuals with tons of knowledge on firearms around here and I'd bet most would give a stranger the shirt off their back. I think you can pick that up just from reading this thread.

I hope you will continue to stick around. I think you will like it and most of the folks.

Sorry for your ordeal. This guy deserves everything he has coming to him. Fry him.
    ^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^

and, I for some reason, feel guilty over this deal. Simply because someone from another state was duped by some low-life from our state and this forum. Pennsylvania (besides Philly and Pittsburgh) is widely known for down-home people, clinging to their God and their guns. This person gives us all a black eye and stains our good reputation. Tar and feathering is in order.

(Monroe County)

That IMHO is a lame reply. First just write cancel on the M/O and return it. Had you started any dialog this would not have gone this far. PS I've never had a money order that I couldn't cash outright.

(Bucks County)

Thumbs down Re: Bucks County-Michael Ozlek

Quote Originally Posted by gmilo View Post
    Dear sir, It is true that I sold a smith on this sight to Tim. Mr. Case had answered an ad a day or so earier on another forum about the same gun. We came to an agreement and he said he was sending a M.O. for the firearm.
    There's the issue right there. You came to an agreement and then, rather than honor that agreement, caused a shit-storm and destroyed your reputation in the process.

No matter which side is telling the truth, I can tell you that I would never do business with you based solely on the fact that you wouldn't honor our agreement.

FOR SHAME!
    DISCOUNTS - Steel Target Paint: beaverje10 (10% off) | Wiland USA: jbeaver05 (5% off)

(Monroe County)

Again, maybe I could of handled it differently, but I was mad. And as far as the M.O., he would have had no use for a M.O. made out to me.
    Write cancel on it and send it back, he takes it to the place that issued it and gets his money back minus the 2 dollar fee he paid originally.

Lack of communication on your part is the issue. Anybody with an ounce of business sense over the age of 18 should have known how to handle it.

You're mad LOL your sitting on a guys money after reneging on a deal and you're mad.

Instead of a lame story looking for sympathy you should be sending and instant refund PLUS something to cover any and all costs he incurred and maybe, just maybe you can start to rebuild some sort of credibility.

Dear sir, It is true that I sold a smith on this sight to Tim. Mr. Case had answered an ad a day or so earier on another forum about the same gun. We came to an agreement and he said he was sending a M.O. for the firearm. I recieved payment from Tim and sold him the gun (first one with the cash) waited a few more days and recieved the M.O. from Mr. Case. I did not return it because it was made out to me, so I cashed it and waited for it to clear before I would return his money. In the mean time I recieved a phone call from my daughter that Mr. Case had found her on facebook and threatened her and she was scared to death. Naturaly I was furious. I spoke to Mr. Case about this and of course he denied it, but I have seen what he said myself in black and white. Maybe I was wrong but I decided to make him wait a while for his money and as he had threatened, I welcomed him to my door in Croydon so I could deal with him face to face. Naturataly he never came. I recently gat a call from Det. DeRouche, Long Beach Ms. police dept. and gave him my side of this rediculous story. He agreed that the complaint would be ended on his part and that if Mr. Case wanted to come to Pa. and continue this, that was up to him. I told him I welcome that. I have decided to end this foolishness and return the money, but via Det Derouche, which he has agreed to. Maybe it could have been handled better on my part but when he involved my family I saw red.
    Sincerely, Michael Ozlek (gmilo)
    In what universe are you permitted to agree to sell the same gun to two different people, then wait for the first payment to arrive, then get the second payment and cash that, too?

It doesn't matter how mad you were that the buyer you screwed contacted your daughter. You were wrong from the moment you promised two different people that you would sell them the same gun. You were wrong to induce both to pay you, and you were apparently mistaken about what you could get away with from an out-of-state buyer.

You committed fraud. Paying the money back AFTER the buyer was able to establish contact through alternate means, AFTER the police became involved and it became clear that keeping the payment would be a problem, that counts for squat, my friend. You got caught, your victim outplayed you, and playing the "outraged protective father" card gets you nothing.

You lied to get a second payment, you've apparently spent the money already, and lying further will not save your reputation. Welcome to the age of the Internet, your name is going to come up in Google searches as an untrustworthy scammer, and you've fully earned that.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Bucks County)

No excuses on my part but if someone threatens your children what would you do. How would you handle it.
    If you had been upfront and communicated correctly in the first place, then there probably wouldn't have been any "threats."

IMO you should have contacted the original buyer the same day you sold the item to someone else. Apologized profusely and then promptly sent the M.O. back. You already broke a verbal contract of sale and then "punishing" the original buyer by holding onto his money?

I'm sorry, but everything could have been avoided with a simple phone call or e-mail explaining the situation. Then you wouldn't have your kids "threatened", you wouldn't have had to "punish" someone from another state, Police Detectives wouldn't be calling you, and you definitely wouldn't be under investigation for federal mail-fraud charges (although you might have avoided this one for now).
    DISCOUNTS - Steel Target Paint: beaverje10 (10% off) | Wiland USA: jbeaver05 (5% off)

(Delaware County)

I love how this guy now posts in this thread trying to defend himself. What a maroon.

Keep it coming, I need the laughs.

No excuses on my part but if someone threatens your children what would you do. How would you handle it.
    What else was the guy supposed to do when youre dodging him left n right? The next logical thing is go to next of kin. He was trying to get a hold of you and couldnt. They are the closest people to you and next in line in trying to track you down.

I'm willing to bet Joels check was cashed and the money was SPENT. That why you couldnt send it back. I dont think you are in any position to be pissed at him or try to hold out on sending his money back. Why would you cash the check he sent in the first place if the revolver was already gone by the time you recieved it. The deal was done, there was no more gun to give him, where do you get off cashing that check?

Then you say, yes I still have it, Oh its in the shop, the timing was off, yadayada. When in actuallity, it was already sold.

Thats some pretty shady shit. It looks to me like you saw a guy from out of state, 20hrs away, easy target. You tried to burn him and now youre in the process of getting burned back.

Good for ya.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast