Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: CCW Friendly (or unfriendly) businesses across the state

Went to the Southside of Pittsburgh tonight. I went to two places while OCing. The first place, Casey's, didn't care. Everyone saw it, but noone said anything negative, or asked me to leave. One person even asked me what I was carrying. I told him and he said that was cool. "I didn't know that that was legal."

Jacks Bar was a different story. I was there for about half of an hour until my OCing bothered one bartender. I was asked to cover it up. I said no and put my coat on and left.

Anyone else have any experiences with the Southside?

Quote Originally Posted by Ed in PA View Post
    Went to the Southside of Pittsburgh tonight. I went to two places while OCing. The first place, Casey's, didn't care. Everyone saw it, but noone said anything negative, or asked me to leave. One person even asked me what I was carrying. I told him and he said that was cool. "I didn't know that that was legal."

Jacks Bar was a different story. I was there for about half of an hour until my OCing bothered one bartender. I was asked to cover it up. I said no and put my coat on and left.

Anyone else have any experiences with the Southside?
    Take it for what its worth, these are the kinda places where I would not OC...you are dealing with a bar crowd, an environment where most if not everyone is drinking. Idk if you were drinking or not, but there is a certain responsibility that comes with OCing that needs to be exercised, and I don't see it in your actions.
    Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.- George Washington

"I thought Lycan was a she"-dragonofpa

(Lackawanna County)

Time to wake this thread back up.

The crossings premium outlet in Tannersville Pa has a sign at each entrance.

Steamtown Mall in Scranton along with the movies across the street.

Ruby Tuesday's in Scranton doesn't seem to care and the manager even bought my wife and I a drink while discussing open carry laws.

Toys R Us is a NO go as everyone already knows.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by P-11 shooter View Post
    I think red lobster is owned by the same company as smokey bones, olive garden, and bahama breze. If so even though I'm not much for the olive garden I LOVE smokey bones and have carried there on several occasions. I keep meaning to ask the information ladies at the mall about thier firearms policy. It blows my mind that after all the mall shootings alot of them still won't allow licensed citizens to carry there.
    The corporation that owns these restaurants is called Darden, they also own LongHorn Steakhouse.

I have been to some of them, most often 'Smokey Bones', and have carried concealed there. I never saw any signs posted that prohibited CCW.
    My wife and I went to Smokey Bones on my birthday a couple months ago, and I was CCW a full size 1911 in a vertical shoulder holster, under a dress shirt with snap buttons. (tactical huh? )

I returned to our table after a trip to the restroom. The waitress was at our table, and while I was squeezing into the booth, the gun made a loud 'clunk' noise off the table as I slid in.

She looked at me with a strange look like "WTF made that noise?" But then never gave it another thought. Obviously my wife, who knows that I always carry, realized that I was not pocket carrying a J-frame revolver at the time.

My wife made some comment like "I can't believe that you can carry that monster around and nobody, even me, notices it!"
    Of course I answered with "You mean under my shirt or my pants?"
    She said "Shut up, Happy Birthday, now eat your ribs."

BTW, the meal was great!
    ================================================== ========================================

Edit: Just now noticed this is an old zombie thread, but still is relevant. I gotta remember to look at the dates, not just the content.
    Last edited by Irwin Inhabitant; June 21st, 2011 at 01:12 PM.
    LUKE 11:21 == Proverbs 29:2 = Proverbs 25:28

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by NuthinbutJHP View Post
    Time to wake this thread back up.

NO it wasn't. The VA carry info thats posted in the first few pages is badly out of date now.
    If it's 3 years old let it go...
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345