Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: G19 vs G23

(Berks County)

Default G19 vs G23

Howdy Folks! What are your thoughts for a first time glock owner? A g19 or a g23? Besides the cost in ammo and difference in recoil, what is your collective advice?

(Monroe County)

Default Re: G19 vs G23

Quote Originally Posted by goose585 View Post
    Howdy Folks! What are your thoughts for a first time glock owner? A g19 or a g23? Besides the cost in ammo and difference in recoil, what is your collective advice?
    Well, considering PREMIUM self defense ammunition essentially nullifies the difference between the big 3 calibers, it's a personal choice. With that being said, and what you stated about cost in ammo and recoil difference, the only deciding factor between the two guns is the G19 holds 2 more rounds than the G23.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Bradford County)

If you buy a G23, you can buy a 9mm barrel to go with it and shoot both 9mm and .40. If you buy a G19, you are stuck with 9mm.

(Berks County)

thank you for bringing that up, if i were to buy the lone wolf conversion barrels, would the corresponding mag fit in a different caliber glock? do the different barrels make the gun less reliable?

(Philadelphia County)

unsupported chamber of the glock's .40 models make this a no-brainer for the g19.

unless i'm missing something, and they actually changed their .40 chambers...

(Bucks County)

G23. The lone wolf conversion barrel for it also fits in the 27. And the 9mm G19 mags work in both also.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have both, they are both very good guns. I feel a little bad about the fact that a barrel swich either way and I could have the same thing.

But my hand was forced my son had some problems and he burrowed my BerettaDAO 96C and never returned it so I was forced to buy another 40 cal I couldn't find a 96DAO so i settled for the Glock 23 after knowing how ghreat a gun the Glock 19 is. Both are excellent guns but you see the situation I was forced to take.

If you have one a barrel swicht and you have them both.

Oh its only the 40 that can go both ways?
    Last edited by Neko456; March 21st, 2012 at 09:11 AM.

(Centre County)

do the different barrels make the gun less reliable?
    Not in my experience.

You could also shoot the .357 Sig out of the G23 with the appropriate barrel and the .40 mags.

I had a G23 and sold it for another 9mm Glock. I decided to consolidate calibers to buy ammo in bulk and I was running out of storage for all the different calibers. You won't go wrong with either one, but you mentioned recoil, so... The .40 is a snappy round and takes more, but not necessarily a ton, of training to have quick(er) follow up shots with the higher pressure HD/SD rounds.
    Last edited by FLICK; March 21st, 2012 at 09:09 AM.
    I don't watch shark week. Sharks watch FLICK week.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by kimura View Post
    unsupported chamber of the glock's .40 models make this a no-brainer for the g19.

unless i'm missing something, and they actually changed their .40 chambers...
    The current gen3 and gen4 chambers are no more unsupported than other brands. My gen3 27 spits out cases with roughly the same bulge as my sig226. Others have reported similar findings, it looks like Glock got that sorted out.

(Luzerne County)

Just get a g19 and as much ammo as you can afford....go to the range and shoot it like it is rented. For every 500 rounds you are looking at about 40 to 50 more dollars for 40 vs 9mm. If this is going to be your CCW gun or home Defense gun...get with some ranges that have IDPA matches and you will be G2G.

USMC MSPF
    OIF
    ODR

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast