Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Experience with Knoxx SpecOps Gen II adjustable stock?

I recently picked up a Mossberg 500 Persuader (Synthetic stock and 7+1 capacity) for a go-to HD gun. After the first range trip I realized that for my wife and daughter to become comfortable with this, I'm going to have to do something to manage the recoil.

I tried a limbsaver pad I had, and it made the length of pull too long for me, and didn't do much for the recoil. As both my wife and daughter have shorter arms than me, I'm going to have to find some type of adjustable stock.

So, in the end I need an adjustable stock with some type of recoil management.

I've done a little searching/research and this one keeps coming up:

http://www.blackhawk.com/product/Spe...k,1808,165.htm

Does anyone have one of these? Is there a better solution?
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Experience with Knoxx SpecOps Gen II adjustable stock?

Have the gen 1 on an 870. Many experienced shotgunners say it's bad juju. They break, pinch your face, etc. I have at least 600 rounds through mine... never an issue. A LOT of that is buckshot and slugs too...

Plus it lets me shrink the 870 down for small people. Like my woman who is small but loves to shoot a 12 gauge. Does it reduce recoil? No. Does it spread out the recoil forces over a larger span of time resulting in me being able to shoot slugs all day if I want and not pay for it? Yup.

Don't put your face on it like you would a standard stock. If you scrunch your face down on your cheek bone it can recoil into your face a little.

Here's some shooting. Video quality is meh - but you can see a 110# girl shooting 00BK then slugs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GKOM...1&feature=plcp

(Bucks County)

Have one on a Mossberg 590 used for social purposes and 'school' for such uses.

Only detractor for me is some of the school situations want to go from "safe" to "off safe" as part of the evolution response. My hands on the pistol grip makes it a slightly more complicated movement to throw off the tang safety.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer View Post
    Only detractor for me is some of the school situations want to go from "safe" to "off safe" as part of the evolution response. My hands on the pistol grip makes it a slightly more complicated movement to throw off the tang safety.
    That can be mitigated with ...

This:

http://www.cavalrymanufacturing.com/SST-590-S.html

Or this:

http://www.hahn-precision.com/M590A1...l-MPSR1010.htm

I have a 590A1 variant with the (Gen 1? I've had it for a few years now) Spec-Ops and the Hahn Safety rail with a Burris Fast-Fire II mini red-dot. I like the package and have had no problems. Actually makes a fun trap gun.
    Keep perspective, recognize the good in your enemies and the bad in your friends.
    "--you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." - Robert A. Heinlein, Revolt in 2100

(Philadelphia County)

i bought one of these to put on a (new) 590 mariner... and it didn't fit. after some phone calls/emails exchanged with knoxx, they sent me a replacement.

that also didn't fit (note: they fit on my 500, but not the 590).

so i sold it on gunbroker (to someone with a moss 500, and it fit).

*shrugs*

a friend of mine has one on his 590, and he loves it (and convinced me to get the stock), so YMMV. and we took his knoxx stock off and it fit perfectly on mine. so i don't know what happened. maybe they had a bad batch somewhere, and i just got unlucky with 2 lemons. i dunno.

(Bucks County)

Thanks!

Hadn't seen that before.

B

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer View Post
    Have one on a Mossberg 590 used for social purposes and 'school' for such uses.

Yeah, I forgot about the Mossberg tang safety thing. 870's is in the trigger guard. Pistol grips don't effect the on/off really at all.

Thanks for the feed back.

I think I'm going to order one. I hadn't thought about manipulating the safety. Looks like I'll have to do something about that too.
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.