Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: H&R Model 929, what's it worth?

Are the Pistols manufactured in Worcester, ie. V 3019 worth any more?

(Schuylkill County)

I am also interested in early model date codes as I too was given a H&R 929 sidekick by my father. It is a 4" blued with flat sided barrel, marbled hammer and what I would guess are white-ish plastic grips. The gun is immaculate. The serial number date code is X then followed by 85xx. I have tried to to research this on the internet but to be honest can't find anything. If someone could either tell me or even direct me to a book or website where I might be able to find this information it would be greatly appreciated.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by JFisher823 View Post
    Are the Pistols manufactured in Worcester, ie. V 3019 worth any more?
    I don't think the production location has a particular affect in value.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by paptini View Post
    I am also interested in early model date codes as I too was given a H&R 929 sidekick by my father. It is a 4" blued with flat sided barrel, marbled hammer and what I would guess are white-ish plastic grips. The gun is immaculate. The serial number date code is X then followed by 85xx. I have tried to to research this on the internet but to be honest can't find anything. If someone could either tell me or even direct me to a book or website where I might be able to find this information it would be greatly appreciated.
    "X" is 1961.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

I have a Model 929, but it won't fire consistently. I've replaced the hammer spring.....same results. Ammo is good, fires with other guns. What do I do next? I really like this gun, good feel, good size, swing-out cylinder, and want to be able to rely on it!

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by thewheelman View Post
    I have a Model 929, but it won't fire consistently. I've replaced the hammer spring.....same results. Ammo is good, fires with other guns. What do I do next? I really like this gun, good feel, good size, swing-out cylinder, and want to be able to rely on it!
    How does the firing pin and the face of of the cylinder look? If it has been dryfired, one or the other, or both, could be peened out of shape.

A deformed firing pin or cylinder face may not be allowing the priming material in the rim to be smashed well enough.

If the cylinder looks like this at the top of the chambers, congrats - you need a new cylinder.
    Last edited by knight0334; July 1st, 2013 at 01:46 PM.

Nope! The cylinder appears to be in perfect condition. The hammer doesn't seem to be hitting hard enough to fire the shell........

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by thewheelman View Post
    Nope! The cylinder appears to be in perfect condition. The hammer doesn't seem to be hitting hard enough to fire the shell........
    What spring did you use? OEM or Wolf?

Also, have you given the gun a good cleaning? Some old gun oils and greases had paraffin wax, which caked up and would slow down lock time.

(Luzerne County)

I know that this thread is several years old but while doing some research on the 929 that was handed to me last night, I just happened to find this thread.

The one that I acquired last night is beautiful. It's got a 6" barrel and has a Serial# starting in "AD". Perhaps someone would be able to tell me what year my H&R was produced. It's missing the rear sight so I'll have to look around to see if I can find one. I'll be shooting it this Saturday.

Chad

(Cumberland County)

AD is a 1967. H&R's are nice guns overall - enjoy it ! Go to Numerich ( gunparts.com ) and check your model, that's where I get most of my parts.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBig1 View Post
    I know that this thread is several years old but while doing some research on the 929 that was handed to me last night, I just happened to find this thread.

The one that I acquired last night is beautiful. It's got a 6" barrel and has a Serial# starting in "AD". Perhaps someone would be able to tell me what year my H&R was produced. It's missing the rear sight so I'll have to look around to see if I can find one. I'll be shooting it this Saturday.

Chad
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast