Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: East Coast Ammo

Thumbs up East Coast Ammo

New FFL dealer in Gilbertsville. I just used them on a transfer. Kevin and Rick are great guys. They just opened, so inventory is small and so is the shop. The shop may be small, but the CS is outstanding. I will be using them since they are close to my house and their transfer fees are fair.

Contact info

1542 E. Philadelphia Ave
    Suite5
    Gilbertsville, PA 19525
    484-949-2235

(Berks County)

Default Re: East Coast Ammo

What did the transfer cost you? I just moved to that area and noticed the shop.

Somewhere around Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
    (Chester County)

I just noticed the place last night when I was leaving the vet next door (Dr. Kulig kicks ass), so I stopped in. I agree, nice guys and nice place. Got a quote for a CZ 2075 RAMI, and the price was right, so I will definitely keep that place in mind when I am ready for my next purchase.

(Berks County)

Just had a lower delivered and transferred through them form Palmetto. Good guys to deal with. Transfers are $25. Definitely will be using them again.

(Chester County)

Thumbs up Re: East Coast Ammo

+1 for East Coast Ammo

I bought a pistol through another PAFOA member today (thanks again, OM18V!) and did the transfer there. We had decided on doing the transfer at a halfway point for both of us, which was the Boyertown/Gilbertsville area. There were a couple of FFLs listed, but I chose ECA from their info on the Gunbroker.com FFL listings and from the good reviews here on PAFOA.

I was completely satisfied. The fee was only $25, and I even ended up buying a couple of boxes of ammo as the prices were pretty good for a LGS. I also BS'd with the owner, Rick, for a bit; he was a real nice guy. He apologized for not having many firearms in stock, saying he sold a bunch back in January.

Overall, a very positive experience with East Coast Ammo. I took a chance based on the reviews here, and was not disappointed. If I buy another firearm from someone up in the Lehigh Valley and meet them halfway, I'll be sure to use ECA again!

AMC
    Feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/feedback-109/57629-amc58.html
    NRA Endowment Life Member

Anyone know what their hours are? I have passed there a bunch of times, mostly early evening during the week and they were closed. Guessing it's a 9-5 deal but thought I'd ask.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Chip W View Post
    Anyone know what their hours are? I have passed there a bunch of times, mostly early evening during the week and they were closed. Guessing it's a 9-5 deal but thought I'd ask.
    They have a website: www.eastcoastammo.com

The hours posted are Tuesday-Friday 1p-6p and Saturday 10a- 4p.
    Feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/feedback-109/57629-amc58.html
    NRA Endowment Life Member

Thumbs up Re: East Coast Ammo

Quote Originally Posted by AMC58 View Post
    They have a website: www.eastcoastammo.com

The hours posted are Tuesday-Friday 1p-6p and Saturday 10a- 4p.

Great thanks.

Wow! A gunshop run right.

I went there to close a deal with a forum member and bought two guns from the shop! I was himming and hawling on a used Marlin they had on the wall and the fellow handed me a bore light (I forgot mine), the he let me use their computer to research it! Seriously, who does that?!?!? I was trying to use my phone, but it was slow, so he offered up his PC. This is a progressive philosophy that I think will serve them, and their customers, well. He knew his prices were fair, so what does he care right? I knew the prices were good, I was just curious about this particular model.

Polite, professional service. Very clean shop and it looks as though they'll be enlarging the shop, which is a good thing. Decent selection of ammo, with good prices held at their previous purchase price. So they didn't raise them, just because the market has. They will raise prices when they replenish their stock.

Anyway, not a large selection of guns, but once they enlarge the shop that should change, plus the gun market seems to be up, so they are selling plenty of guns. I bought the last used handgun they had.
    Honey, sell my guns for what they're worth and not what I told you I paid for them.