Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    PANRA Guest

Question Reloading supplies in Harrisburg York areas

Can someone tell me who has the best prices on reloading supplies powder, bullets, primers in the Harrisburg / York areas?

Default Re: Reloading supplies in Harrisburg York areas

The best prices in the immediate area are at Shyda's on the south side of Lebanon. It's a little farther but worth the trip if you have multiple items to buy.

A lot of small shops don't stock reloading components because it requires a large selection (large inventory = cost). Your best bet is to watch the sale ads. I get my best deals by having Bass Pro and Gander match prices of Cabelas sales.

Another option... check out the gun shows. There are vendors such as TnT Reloading, from Easton, that always have good prices.

AlphBravoBullets.com has the best prices I can find on cast bullets. They are in Hanover. Their prices compare to what I was paying 15 yrs ago.

(Juniata County)

I stopped by Shyda's yesterday (was in the area for work) and the shelves were full of all major brands of powders, primers, and bullets. Their prices were decent and I picked up a few things I needed. Very friendly too.

As far as the "best" place goes, I think its all relative to what I need and where its available. Unless its some major sale, it doesn't take much to beat Bass Pro prices. Gas money and distance adds up quick. Sometimes its cheaper to pay a few dollars more then drive an hour one way. I usually price out my big orders at internet sites and weigh in savings versus shipping costs and hazmat charges. (Even Cabelas has 2 buck shipping (non hazmat items) on orders of 49 buck or more right now.) Buying in bulk is usually cheaper also.

To the OP: what in particular are you looking for? Your question is very vague.

(York County)

Hake's in Wrightsville looks to have a good assortment of reloading supplies at decent prices.

(York County)

I agree Willie...I get all of my hazmat (primers & powder) supplies from Hake's. I haven't found anybody that can beat his prices.
    Guns only have two enemies: rust and politicians.

I've never been to Hake's. Thanks for the tip. I'll make sure to visit soon.

(Lancaster County)

te guys at hakes are really nice people too, i kinda forgot they were over there havent been in about a year maybe ill swing by today. thanks for reminding me too.