Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default donely's in quakertown

I had my first experience with donley's in quakertown pa. While the people were friendly i was disappointed in the service. i dropped my rifle off on friday noon to see if dave could do a conversion on it to accept high cap mags. he told me he would be back into the shop at 11 or so sat morning would take a look and let me know yes or no if he could do it and an estimate on the price. Sat went by and no word. I called and he was out of the shop. Sunday they were closed and i went monday around 4:30 and he still hadnt looked at it. I left with my rifle and no service. I could understand if i asked him to do the work it would take time but all i asked was he look at it give me his opinion if he could do it and a price. Don't know if i will ever go there again for anything but this was just my experience. In my opinion their service is untimely. Before returning would be interested in anyone elses experiences.
    Last edited by danp; October 4th, 2011 at 01:58 PM.

(Northampton County)

Default Re: donely's in quakertown

Dave works a full time job that takes him out of the area, sometimes things come up that prevent him from making it to the shop at all despite his best efforts. Shirley is usually there and is always very helpful, however she isn't a gunsmith.

I'm torn in that I understand you're upset that you were told someone would do something for you for free and it didn't get done, but at the same time, you weren't paying for the service and from the sound of your post, you weren't sure you'd be willing to pay for it anyway, at least not at Dave's place. Seems a little childish to me to complain about not getting good service for something you didn't pay to receive any service on in the first place.

Just my opinion.

(Montgomery County)

Like Slim said, Dave is a really busy guy, and your experience is unfortunate.
    I'm guessing AK, but what kind of rifle were you looking to get Hi- capped, and is there any reason you couldn't do the work yourself?

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by SlimShady View Post
    Dave works a full time job that takes him out of the area, sometimes things come up that prevent him from making it to the shop at all despite his best efforts. Shirley is usually there and is always very helpful, however she isn't a gunsmith.

I'm torn in that I understand you're upset that you were told someone would do something for you for free and it didn't get done, but at the same time, you weren't paying for the service and from the sound of your post, you weren't sure you'd be willing to pay for it anyway, at least not at Dave's place. Seems a little childish to me to complain about not getting good service for something you didn't pay to receive any service on in the first place.

Just my opinion.
    Well in my opinion I think thats lousy customer service. As I customer I want my business to be earned and appreciated. I don't think I should feel forced into buying anything in order get good customer service. Dave could have at least picked up the phone and explained his situation to the guy or told Shirley to contact him and tell him that something came up. I don't know Dave and I'm not familar with Donely's but I can say thats not how I would run my business. To each their own I guess.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by XD-Drew View Post
    Well in my opinion I think thats lousy customer service. As I customer I want my business to be earned and appreciated. I don't think I should feel forced into buying anything in order get good customer service. Dave could have at least picked up the phone and explained his situation to the guy or told Shirley to contact him and tell him that something came up. I don't know Dave and I'm not familar with Donely's but I can say thats not how I would run my business. To each their own I guess.
    Seems to me that you're not a customer but merely a window shopper / tire kicker, until you you actually spend money thus becoming a customer.

Bottom line is, while I understand being irritated at a perceived lack of responsiveness on the part of Dave.......the OP was asking for a free estimate with little to no stated intention of actually paying to have anything done. Kind of childish in my opinion to run to an internet website and badmouth a business just because you didn't get something for nothing in a timely manner. Customers like that would make me consider closing down if I ran a shop of my own.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by SlimShady View Post
    Seems to me that you're not a customer but merely a window shopper / tire kicker, until you you actually spend money thus becoming a customer.

Bottom line is, while I understand being irritated at a perceived lack of responsiveness on the part of Dave.......the OP was asking for a free estimate with little to no stated intention of actually paying to have anything done. Kind of childish in my opinion to run to an internet website and badmouth a business just because you didn't get something for nothing in a timely manner. Customers like that would make me consider closing down if I ran a shop of my own.
    Different strokes for different folks. I don't think he's childish at all. Everyone has different expecatations as far as how they should be treated as a customer. I happen to agree with the OP. The idea that I should only get treated as a customer if I am going to open my wallet is bad business. Its probably a good thing you don't own a business because your approach to customer service would put your business on the fast track to failure. If you have high customer service standards you treat everyone who walks through your door the same way. A customers business should be earned not expected.

(Bucks County)

While I appreciate everyones opinion i dont appreciate being called childish and attacked. this forum is for discussion, opinion, experiences etc. I told dave my dilemma and he stated yeah no problem bring it up ill look at it sat and let you know IF I COULD DO IT.I had intended at that time to get into price. I definately wanted this done but was no going to walk in the store drop my gun off not knowing if he was capable and pay him ANY money for him to look it over or for an estimate. Anyone who pays for an estimate these days an in these times is a moron. Customer service is keys these days and a lot of business don;t charge for estimates cause they want the customer to feel like they want to work with them. I posted this to get other peoples experiences so i could see if i wanted to return there for anything not to be attacked and to have name calling. Sorry if this guy is your buddy or something.

(Northampton County)

Ira,

Not calling you childish at all, as I said a couple of times, I can understand being irritated, what I can't understand is the immediate "run to the web and badmouth a business"......nowhere in your original post did you indicate that you spoke with Dave to find out why he hadn't called you or emailed you........that is my only point and, as I stated earlier, my opinion.

As for the poster that seems to think any business I'd own would be a failure.......well that's his opinion and he's entitled to it........but potential customers like him I could most assuredly live without. People that think a business will fail if they don't bow down and kiss the posterior of every schmuck that walks through their doors are seriously disillusioned because when you provide a quality product at a competitive price you generally don't have to deal with "tire kickers" so it never becomes a major issue...........don't believe me check out any of your larger and more reputable gun shops in the area.

(Montgomery County)

Dave is a genuine and decent guy. He works a full time job in addition to the gun biz so he might have been a little behind if he was busy this week. I would give him a chance to make it right.

(Bucks County)

And shady I did not badmouth. I merely posted for other peoples experiences to see if i wanted to return there for any business purpose. I also commented and said they were friendly that I just couldnt understand why i received no phone call back after i had called to find out the status on sat when he said he would look. I got no phone call or anything for the 2 and a half days they had it. i called twice and was told he wasnt there or no he hasnt looked at it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast