Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Beretta 96 hi-cap mags

So i purchased a used Beretta 96 early last year, and it only came with a 11 or 12 round mag. I thought it was weird with it being a double stack mag, the 92s come with 17 round mags, and my buddy's XD 45 has a 13rd mag. Point is, with the .40 being as small as it is, and the firearm being as large as it is i figured the capacity would've been higher....which leads me to my reason for posting. Can anyone recommend a reliable higher-cap mag i can purchase for this firearm? and where might i be able to purchase one?

(Indiana County)

Default Re: Beretta 96 hi-cap mags

That's the problem with the 96 series, not enough ammo for some.

The 96 is the bastard brother of the 92, the 92 was built as a 9mm with a 15 rnd capacity, then they converted a 92 into a .40 and the 96 was born.
    So what you get is a 9mm 92 frame with a .40 upper. The grip stays the same, so you obviously have lees room for .40's than 9mm's.

Anyway, enough of that I suppose, you know that already it seems.

Here are Mec-Gar 17 rnd mags, they call them flush fit, but they will hang lower than your mags now, about another 1/2 inch IIRC.
    http://www.cdnninvestments.com/be96f4015flf.html

Here are 13rnd mags that are the exact same size as your current ones.
    http://www.cdnninvestments.com/be96f4013flf.html

Mec-gar's are made in Italy and they make many factory mags, including the Beretta mags marked made in Italy.

You can buy from whomever, but if you watch the CDNN website on Saturdays, they run specials all the time, lower shipping and mag sales.

(Northumberland County)

I have a one of the PSP 96s and it came with 2 13 round mags, but the are marked "LEO Only." I think that means they contain some great mystical power that is not meant for the general public.

(Beaver County)

Just FYI, the Mecgar mags are really really nice. I have a bunch of the 18 round 9mm Mecgars. Fit and finish is at least as nice as the factory mags. I suspect that the 40 spring has to be a bit beefier to feed them reliably which costs you a few in the mag.
    It has to start someplace... It has to start sometime...
    What better place than here? What better time than now! - RAtM

Go here: http://www.midwayusa.com/find?&sortb...ensionid=14745

great service from midway.

i borred my friends 96 to do a steel plate/ house shoot. i used a PRO mag., 20 round mag, it functioned good. the only thing a mag. reloader is needed after loading 15 rds. and it only sticks out several inches out of the bottom of the pistol/

I don't trust Pro Mag I have one for my 1911 a 11 shot one and it works great but my 25 round Pro mag for my 9mm Beretta is a Jammarama. To me Pro Mags are not consitsant enough to recommend or buy again. Mecgars I've never had a problem with and think they are as good as factory. I'd like to have a Mecgar 20 rounder in 40 cal.