Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Chester County)

Default New RCBS prime pocket swaging tool

Sorry if this is a repost. I just got into reloading and I'm going to be reloading a lot of military brass. The primer crimp is a bit of a pain but I see there are many tools on the market for dealing with it. I was first going to buy the Dillon Super Swage 600, and then I saw this

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/319...sting-_-319662

It pretty much looks like the same design as the Dillon but it is $20 cheaper. Has anyone used this before? Im tempted to be the test subject because I know RCBS has a good reputation for putting out quality stuff (as does Dillon), but the thing I like most about this tool is that it comes with a lifetime warranty. Im not sure if the Dillon tool does but I really love a company that will stand by their product.
    "All we have is a temporary bill of privileges" - George Carlin

Default Re: New RCBS prime pocket swaging tool

Dillon's warranties are quite possibly the best in the reloading industry. Most hard parts for reloading equipment come with a lifetime warranty now-a-days because they are pretty hard to wear out. Most of the time the owner will sell the item or die before the item wears out.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkf View Post
    Official Gun Bully and corn flakes pisser inner since March 2007.

RCBS has a great reputation in regards to warranty as well.

(Berks County)

Dillon's warranties are quite possibly the best in the reloading industry
    Dillon is the best at promoting their warranty....and they have the ever popular blue press catalog .

RCBS and Hornady also have a lifetime warranty. Lee has a 2 year warranty, but I have called and got them to replace things that were beyond the 2 year limit.

It pretty much looks like the same design as the Dillon but it is $20 cheaper. Has anyone used this before?
    It does llok a lot like the Dillon, it should work fine, I looked around for any write ups or reviews on it but came up with nothing. I have the Dillon super swage myself and it works good. I have been using it for a lot of .223, .308, and .30-06 military brass.
    "Disperse you Rebels! Damn you! Throw down your Arms and Disperse!" British Major Pitcairn at Lexington April 19, 1775

"Sometimes reasonable men must do unreasonable things" Marvin Heemeyer

(York County)

I bought an RCBS press off ebay, called RCBS to order the handle. Told them I bought it off ebay and they sent me the handle free of charge. I wouldn't hesitate to buy anything RCBS.

The truth is most companies that offer reloading tools have excellent warranty. Dillon's warranty isn't any better than RCBS, Redding...blah blah blah. As a matter of fact...my friend sent his press to Dillon and they wouldn't warranty his press, so I'd be very careful in telling people online how great Dillon is, when they will refuse warranty as well.

I've had great CS experience with RCBS and Redding. I was actually disppointed with how Hornady handled an issue. I was actually charged for the parts...RCBS and Redding will send you parts at no cost to the consumer.