Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Default Cleaning and Maintenence forum

So, I got to thinking. Many times when people purchase new firearms, they have no idea what the proper care and maintenence of that particular firearm is, whether that be because they are new to fireams, or just completely unfamiliar with that particular kind. So, what if we incorporated a cleaning and maintenence forum where members could make picture tutorials of field stipping, and proper cleaning and lubrication, and over time we would develope a vast library of tutorials for many different firearms. The trick would be to only limit the posting of new threads to be the picture tutorials themself to keep it organized.

Proud member of:

(York County)

Default Re: Cleaning and Maintenence forum

Brilliant!, Could have a complete technical section, care/ cleaning. Have it
    organized by Make/Model. Need the ability to add/delete information that
    will benefit eveyone on this site. Along with "Tips", Pictures, on disassembly/
    assembly. Plus the constant reminder "SAFETY FIRST"
    FUNDAMENTALS

"All that is needed for Evil to Prevail is for Good Men to
    do Nothing"

(York County)

Brilliant!, Could have a complete technical section, care/ cleaning. Have it
    organized by Make/Model. Need the ability to add/delete information that
    will benefit eveyone on this site. Along with "Tips", Pictures, on disassembly/
    assembly. Plus the constant reminder "SAFETY FIRST"
    FUNDAMENTALS

"All that is needed for Evil to Prevail is for Good Men to
    do Nothing"

(Montgomery County)

Precisely. I know when I first got into AR's a while back, I didn't know anything about them, let alone how to field strip and clean them properly, so I ended up having to buy a video to help me. Having a database like that only a click away would eliminate alot of headaches, and be invaluable to the members of this site. I don't recall seeing anything like this on any other site, so I would imagine that having that would bring in alot more traffic here.

Proud member of:

(Philadelphia County)

I have a strong feeling such a forum would just have tumble weed blowing through it as it is far too specific of a topic. We already have way too many forums IMO. Some of them will probably be merged in the future.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Tioga County)

concur, I don't see why they can't be threads in the correct forum. Ergo rifle and pistol. Should they become real good and active perhaps made sticky.

Quote Originally Posted by danp View Post
    I have a strong feeling such a forum would just have tumble weed blowing through it as it is far too specific of a topic. We already have way too many forums IMO. Some of them will probably be merged in the future.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by danp View Post
    You're probably right, Dan. I was just throwing an idea out here, because I wished I had found something like it when I was first getting into firearms.

Proud member of:

Glade Mill Lake, Cooperstown, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

I agree things are too specific. I have learned alot of things from the group shoots. Frenchy in particular seems to know alot about lubricating your guns for cold weather. So I hearby suggest we create the thread "ask frenchy" or maybe "frenchy's corner" for all your lubrication needs.

Quote Originally Posted by p-11 shooter View Post
    I agree things are too specific. I have learned alot of things from the group shoots. Frenchy in particular seems to know alot about lubricating your guns for cold weather. So I hearby suggest we create the thread "ask frenchy" or maybe "frenchy's corner" for all your lubrication needs.
    ROFL you just got to kow, My cleaning and Lube on guns is not agreed by most, but then again, I did not have any malfunctions last shoot

I hae a frying pan to clean soon... Ill show you what I mean but oil, carbon and heat...
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly