Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: AK Furniture.

(Northumberland County)

Default AK Furniture.

Can anyone recommend decent AKM furniture? I ordered my first AK today, a romy. The package comes with a Romy Ak redone by Heavy Metal Guns, and "2 U.S. MADE 30 RD PRO-MAGS. SLING, OILER, ROMAINIAN BAYONET WITH SHEATH, AND 100 ROUNDS OF AMMO. ENTIRE PACKAGE SHIPS IN A HARDSHELL CASE. 399.95"

The pistol grip is ugly as sin, in my opinion. Its that reddish brown looking plastic. I am going to look for a black grip.
    Anyone have a good line on a decent site for AK parts?

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: AK Furniture.

Are you looking for tacticool parts or original authentic AKM parts? Because that reddish brown pistol grip is the "correct" one for the Romanian AIM (they used this designation).

If you want it blacked out, try TAPCO. You can also try dpharms. You can also try KVAR, they have black NATO and original length stocks from the newer 74 models.

(Delaware County)

www.ultimak.com
    www.midwayusa.com
    www.copesdist.com

These sites all have aftermarket AK products.
    In their hearts humans plan their course, but the LORD establishes their steps.

(Allegheny County)

"Having a gun and thinking you are armed is like having a piano and thinking you are a musician" Col. Jeff Cooper (U.S.M.C. Ret.)
    Speed is fine, Accuracy is final

(Washington County)

http://www.tapco.com/catalog.aspx?id=15

Tapco makes a nice SAW grip, or an original style in black as well. The SAW is what I have on my AK, and its a great ft for large hands, and has a good feel.

(Northumberland County)

hi mike!

great price. the only thing i would be worried about is if the us mags are "required".

+1 for copes. they also have a flat shipping rate, so get as much as you want and the shipping is still (iirc) 7.95.

if all you want is the grip, and your in no hurry, i might be sending an order out to them soon if you want to save on shiupping. have to see if their g3 flats are in stock before i order. their supply seems to be spotty.

personaly, i like the "traditional" ak look.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911shooter View Post
    when the world does end the 2 things that will be left are cock roaches and AK's

(Allegheny County)

http://www.ironwooddesigns.com/

Walnut, and Laminate AK stock sets are back in inventory.
    Yugoslavian AK stocks also available. Please request pricing until we update the site.
    Ironwood Designs

Additional Note: 922r compliance applies. The 4 pc. set counts for only 3 US parts, hand guards are counted as only one part. It is your responsibility to have the correct amount of US parts in your AK, if you are converting a thumbhole version.
    "Having a gun and thinking you are armed is like having a piano and thinking you are a musician" Col. Jeff Cooper (U.S.M.C. Ret.)
    Speed is fine, Accuracy is final

(Northumberland County)

Thanks for all of the replies. Hey deth, I'm with you... I like the traditional look as well, which is why I would like to keep the wood stock, handguards. I can do without the reddish plastic pistol grip though... See you sunday!
    "The rifle is the weapon of democracy. If guns are outlawed, only the government will have guns. Only the police, the secret police, the military. The hired servants of our rulers. Only the government-and a few outlaws. I intend to be among the outlaws." (Edward Abbey, "The Right to Arms," Abbey's Road [New York, 1979])
    I have my rifle. Do you?