Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Pike County)

Default Fingerprinting in Pike Cty?

I recently took a Fla course and sent in my paperwork less the first page. I goofed. I received their letter of omissions and need to send in the form. okay.

But they are asking me to have my fingerprints done "AT" a law enforcement agency. The person who did my fingerprinting was a LEO at the XYZ PD, but has informed me that the new commander is by the book and he can no longer sign his name and such outside of XYZ PD duties. I am okay with that and respect it fully.

Question is where can I get it done locally? Any suggestions? I have not tried any pd's as yet. My luck will be trying everyone and having them say no. I don't think State does them anymore> Not sure if communities such as town halls do them either

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Fingerprinting in Pike Cty?

I would imagine the pike county sheriffs office would do it. They seem friendly enough when I've been there

I don't have a recommendation on who might assist locally, but I wouldn't worry too much about FL saying that the prints must be taken "at" a department. I've processed literally hundreds of FL CCW applications and have spoken with their licensing department who assures me that any sworn LEO who is both active and badged (that's the key for them) can take the prints. In other words, retired LEO is not acceptable. Besides, there's no way that they could tell where it was done in the first place, and they're not about to stop the thousands of applications they get in a week to check on you just to be sure. So if you can find an officer in the area who is willing, just ask him or her to do it.

(Monroe County)

No imagination necessary. Go to any State Police barracks and they will gladly do it for free. They will even give you multiple copies. They even keep them on file for a few months - in case you need more, they will print them out. If for some reason that specific barracks doesn't do fingerprints ( I don't see why not) they will direct you to one that does.

Now if you don't want them having your prints on file - well, you can always go without the Florida CCW - which I possess, by the way.
    NRA Instructor/RSO
    C.A.R. Instructor
    Certified Glock Armorer

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by PoconoJo View Post
    No imagination necessary. Go to any State Police barracks and they will gladly do it for free. They will even give you multiple copies. They even keep them on file for a few months - in case you need more, they will print them out. If for some reason that specific barracks doesn't do fingerprints ( I don't see why not) they will direct you to one that does.

Now if you don't want them having your prints on file - well, you can always go without the Florida CCW - which I possess, by the way.
    Not true, DELCO PSP would not do them for me (4 years ago) for my Utah permit. Some will some won't, for an out of state license.

DELCO PSP did do prints for the HAZMAT endorsement on my CDL but said no to the Utah CWP.

To the OP, as for the PSP in your area your best bet is to call ahead and ask, tell them what they are for, since right on the card it says what they're for, at least the card Utah did.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by soberbyker View Post
    Not true, DELCO PSP would not do them for me (4 years ago) for my Utah permit. Some will some won't, for an out of state license.
    Delaware County is a far cry from Pike. Don't forget the "direct you to" another place part. Yes, calling in advance is a good idea. I had mine done 2 years ago in Monroe (Blakeslee).

I went ahead and called both Blooming Grove and Honesdale. The person who answered the phone in Blooming Grove was a blooming idiot. It took about 4 tries to get any sensible answer from him but in short no, they don't do them. The person in Honesdale had decent intelligence, he said they don't do them either but refered me to the UPS Store on 6 in Honesdale. Not sure what it costs. If it's worth your time, you can always drive to the Blakeslee PSP barracks, just off I-80.
    NRA Instructor/RSO
    C.A.R. Instructor
    Certified Glock Armorer

(Delaware County)

Delaware County is a far cry from Pike. Don't forget the "direct you to" another place part. Yes, calling in advance is a good idea. I had mine done 2 years ago in Monroe (Blakeslee).

I went ahead and called both Blooming Grove and Honesdale. The person who answered the phone in Blooming Grove was a blooming idiot. It took about 4 tries to get any sensible answer from him but in short no, they don't do them. The person in Honesdale had decent intelligence, he said they don't do them either but refered me to the UPS Store on 6 in Honesdale. Not sure what it costs. If it's worth your time, you can always drive to the Blakeslee PSP barracks, just off I-80.
    Again, not true here, PSP told me the only reason they would do non arrest prints is for employment purposes.

By the way, before you point out a part you think I missed maybe you yourself should get your facts striaght, first you say Go to any State Police barracks and they will gladly do it for free then you go on to say If for some reason that specific barracks doesn't do fingerprints ( I don't see why not) they will direct you to one that does sounds a bit contradictory to me. Oh and then it gets better, in the post quoted above you talk about trouble with a couple PSP barracks, so your first statement of "ANY" really doesn't fit now does it.

Oh and if you read the original post the prints need to be done by an LEO so unless the local police chief is moonlighting at the UPS Store I don't see how that info helps either. Oh and you did say ANY so DELCO being a far cry, well ....

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by soberbyker View Post
    Again, not true here, PSP told me the only reason they would do non arrest prints is for employment purposes.

By the way, before you point out a part you think I missed maybe you yourself should get your facts striaght, first you say Go to any State Police barracks and they will gladly do it for free then you go on to say If for some reason that specific barracks doesn't do fingerprints ( I don't see why not) they will direct you to one that does sounds a bit contradictory to me. Oh and then it gets better, in the post quoted above you talk about trouble with a couple PSP barracks, so your first statement of "ANY" really doesn't fit now does it.

Oh and if you read the original post the prints need to be done by an LEO so unless the local police chief is moonlighting at the UPS Store I don't see how that info helps either. Oh and you did say ANY so DELCO being a far cry, well ....

Seems like you prefer to bash people rather than help...
    NRA Instructor/RSO
    C.A.R. Instructor
    Certified Glock Armorer

(Delaware County)

Seems like you prefer to bash people rather than help...
    It's called correcting, sorry if you don't appreciate knowing the truth.

Oh and it started with you assuming what I did, or didn't, read.

(Pike County)

Thanks everyone.... it really was simpler than I thought. I called the Pike County Sheriff in Milford. Set up an appoint, $15 and 20 minutes time had it done.

On a note to all. If there is a "goof" on your part, Fla will apply more scrutiny to the rest of the application. One of the things in their instructions is that the print must be done at a law enforcement agency and "stamp" must be applied to the back portion of the card.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast