Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Beretta 6.35

(Cumberland County)

Default Beretta 6.35

Just got back from spending 5 hours at the Harrisburg gunshow - always enjoy it ! Pretty crowded, but not crazy, lot's of great buys for me today. On the way out, I spotted this little beauty - have always wanted one. What caught my attention was the way the frame discolored a gold color and all perfectly even ? I don't think it was made that way ? I believe the frame is alloy, just surprised it discolored so perfect and nicely ! Guns in excellent condition, just some slight wear on the slide at edges, grips not cracked or damaged - a nice find I think, C&R and great price
    Has anyone seen discoloration like this? What model is it, vest pocket? 19xx ? Serial number is 22xxxC?
    Thanks !

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Beretta 6.35

Looks like a Beretta model 418 aka Bantam based on the seriAL NO.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beretta_418

I found both triggers to be terrible to me so the triggers are on a scale to me.. The Glock was a crisper suck and the XD was a more mushy suck. They are in the same family, SR9 (heavy suck), Glock (crisp heavy suck), XD( lighter mushy suck), M&P(heavy mushy suck).

(Cumberland County)

That looks like it - thanks ! I went on utube to check for a field strip video just to be sure I was doing it right, and there was one, and that guys had the same gold tone so guess it's not that uncommon - lol. Found out too that this model was the "original" James Bond Gun before the change was made to the Walther ppk Thanks for the info!
    Last edited by cruzans; March 17th, 2012 at 06:17 PM.

(Berks County)

Easiest way to tell a real European pistol. That's the litmus test I use while struggling for a spot at the display cases at crowded gun shows. I look for colors in the alloy. If I see a case of sigs and not a single one is a pretty purple color I'll keep moving. I've seen that gold color before but not often. Congrats!

(Cumberland County)

Wow, got this little guy to the range today and I was surprised how nice it was! Nice little bark for a pocket pistol, super accurate, shot dead on at 20-25 feet, and no jams, ftf, fte, etc.. Great little Summer pocket gun or bug. If you were considering a 418 or similar, I wouldn't hesitate. Now I just need to find an original mag for it !