Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Firearms Owned

Default Firearms Owned

All,

While browsing online, I came across this forum. I enjoyed reading the topics and comments made. So, though I live far from Pennsylvania, I joined up. As my monicker shows, I am from Oklahoma (hope you guys don't hold that against me)

For better or worse...I like kind of off beat military/police type handguns. Thought maybe some of you might have some interest in my small collection, and some brief comments about each. Maybe you might have some interest in purchasing for yourself someday.

1. MKEK Girsan Yavuz 16: Turkish made Beretta 92f clone. Seems to be 100% parts interchangable. Came with 2 Beretta hi-cap mags. (Absolutely the best shooter I own) 1/2 the price of "Beretta" tagged.

2. Tanfoglio Force Carry: Italian made version of the CZ-75 (some would say, with some improvements made), .40cal., Little heavy om the DA, sweet SA. Poly frame, 2 15 rd. mags

3. Zastava CZ-999: Serbian made 9mm, carried by Serb military. Easy take down, built like a tank. Made under license in Israel, and formerly in South Africa.

4. Sig Sauer Pro 2340: This pistol was a LEO trade in, formerly state police gun. .40/357sig interchangable. I have stated previously that this pistol possibly had state armorer trigger work done ( I do not know). Has absolutely the best DA/SA trigger I have ever fired. Buttery smooth, and very light.

5. Sprinfield XD: 4 inch, black service, SA, grip safety. Made in Croatia. 1911 platform guys should love this pistol.

6. Taurus Md. 82: (circa 1990) Stainless snubbie. Currently on loan (gift) to my 83 year old mother. She loves it and does her best to make it to the range 2x a month. At 10-15 feet...keep out of Mom's way.

7. SW Model 686: Owned for 15 years. Way classic, IMHO, nuff said

I have a few other even more obtuse pieces. As a matter of fact I think I'm going to purchase an "Umarex" import of a Trabzon "TISAS" Turk made 1911 platform. Will let you guys know.

Hope I did not bore anyone with my lists. Your comments, opinions, and if any questions, are welcome and appreciated.

I look forward to being an Oklahoma addition to your forum!!

Gunner (Please forgive any spelling errors)

Default Re: Firearms Owned

Welcome and glad you enjoy the forum.

I too like military weapons, I supposed it has to do with the history as well as abundant ammo, parts, and magazines.

(Warren County)

Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing your collection with us. You've got a nice collection there. Look forward to your future posts.
    Tim , USAF Ret.

(Monroe County)

Welcome to the party.

(Northampton County)

Brian, a member here, did a nice write up about a Turk 1911 project he did. Seemed like nothing but high praises.

http://forum.pafoa.org/pistols-41/15...build-efr.html

Quote Originally Posted by Okiegunner View Post
    All,

While browsing online, I came across this forum. I enjoyed reading the topics and comments made. So, though I live far from Pennsylvania, I joined up. As my monicker shows, I am from Oklahoma (hope you guys don't hold that against me)

For better or worse...I like kind of off beat military/police type handguns. Thought maybe some of you might have some interest in my small collection, and some brief comments about each. Maybe you might have some interest in purchasing for yourself someday.

I look forward to being an Oklahoma addition to your forum!!

Gunner (Please forgive any spelling errors)
    456 - Welcome fellow Oklahoman that's a nice collection of Guns. You are in the right place all I can say is there is a wealth of knowledge here and folks are almost as nice as the people back home (you know how Yankees are) ;-) .

If you can stand the frank and snide comments these guys are smart and connected all over the world.

(Chester County)

Welcome to the forums, but without pictures.... We can't believe you. Here's my collection.

1. General Electric GAU-8A Avenger cannon. It's mounted to the right fender of my Corolla. Its made my morning commute easier.
    2. Lahti L39 20mm cannon. I use this for varmints in the backyard. The neighbor two miles down the road complains about it though.
    3. M134 Minigun. Whoowee!! It's a hoot to shoot but damned expensive to feed. The kids hate picking up all the brass for reloading.
    4. Ruger MkIII 22/45
    Μολὼν λάβε

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by PisnNapalm View Post
    Welcome to the forums, but without pictures.... We can't believe you. Here's my collection.

1. General Electric GAU-8A Avenger cannon. It's mounted to the right fender of my Corolla. Its made my morning commute easier.
    2. Lahti L39 20mm cannon. I use this for varmints in the backyard. The neighbor two miles down the road complains about it though.
    3. M134 Minigun. Whoowee!! It's a hoot to shoot but damned expensive to feed. The kids hate picking up all the brass for reloading.
    4. Ruger MkIII 22/45
    No way in hell you have a MkIII, I call bullshit.

Welcome to the thread, seems you have a sweet collection too. You should fit in nicely.

Welcome Aboard, I used to live in PA but moved down South, No Matter though, They still let come over and play in their sandbox.

Take Care
    TJB
    Recoil Happens

(Northumberland County)

Welcome Sir. Believe me with the natural gas drilling going on in this state there is more Oklahoma here than you might think.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast